Techniques for 'The road not taken' (1 Viewer)

Lion-o

HSC
I need help with techniques for Robert Frost's 'The road not taken'.
If anyone could help that'd be great :)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I some how managed to use this for imaginative journeys (since it related to my other texts) and I branded it an "Imagined physical peregrination"

Frost’s allegorical journey is a metaphor of choice within the life of the persona, “two roads diverged”. The visual imagery, “a yellow wood, enhances the extended metaphor and evokes the imagination of the responder. The structure of the poem manipulates real time sequence where the physical journey is omitted in favour of the persona’s first person reminiscence. The title, “The Road Not Taken” and the final stanza create a melancholic tone of reflection on the journey, emphasised through the, “sigh”. Enjambment, “and I – I took the one less travelled by,” emphasises immediacy and the persona’s acceptance of the journey. In contrast to Coleridge’s poems, the responder is left in suspense through the ambiguity of the ending, “has made all the difference,” evoking the responder to apply the universal theme of illuminating journeys to their own journey of life.

I wrote that late before the HSC so its not as good as I can write but yeah..deal with it coz it cost u nothing. (I don't know if that was actually enjambment)

Dio-Rama

HSC
the inintial journey is physical at the fork in the road but expands to become an inner journey of reflection and emotion. emotional- the speaker (frost) doubts he will ever get the opportunity to travel both roads again. the choice he makes may determine the-ive nad positive aspects of his life.
he uses the extended metaphor of the road to ilustrate the our choices. he says that decideing which path to choose can be hard "and sorry that i could travel both and be one traveller, long i stood"- the inversion of long i stood emphasises the time and difficulty that some choices present. it also reflects the desire that he feels to make sure his decision is soundly based and not hastly made.
the irregular metre of the poem controls the poems meaning and reveals the irregularity of life. the repetition of "I" indicates the traveller is reflecting on his decision.
however it should be noted that not all paths lead to a fulfilling end, no matter how hard hte obstacles faced are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)