telemarketing (1 Viewer)

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Originally posted by Mr Wiggle
What is the minimum sales per hr ?
differnt charities have diffrent mimimums but generally its about $110 per hr which isnt very hard at times since you make about 70 calls per hr on average so need about 4sales / 70 calls which are pretty good odds.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I could never work as a telemarketer. It's like joining the side of the enemy.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by routemarker
differnt charities have diffrent mimimums but generally its about $110 per hr which isnt very hard at times since you make about 70 calls per hr on average so need about 4sales / 70 calls which are pretty good odds.
damn, at my bf's place its $65 an hr!!! 110 seems like heaps!! shouldnt be hard tho considering an hr is quite long

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
I could never work as a telemarketer. It's like joining the side of the enemy.
i think it depends what you're selling. the charity campaigns are actually pretty important. selling home insurance is another issue tho i guess...

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Originally posted by DooNy_TeChY
I wanna do telemarketing...it sounds heaps cool...but i'm only 17...dammit.lol
you are wrong, its not cool at all. max people work at telemarketing about 2-3 months, customers you call to, swear at you and abuse you. " how did you f*ck get my number????" thats why they pay you $17-20.
if you want to do that type of job, better work in call centre-inbount calls, i do it too, it heaps better still customers call you and annoy you but it is heaps better than other way around.

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
70 calls in one hour , this is impossible, its like each call less than a minute. (dialing number, waiting for someone to pick up phone, introdusing comodity, answering questions,etc) takes at least 3-4 min.
sometimes i call customers and annoy them about late payments in an hour i make about 25 calls.

routemarker

HSC
Originally posted by piccaninny
70 calls in one hour , this is impossible, its like each call less than a minute. (dialing number, waiting for someone to pick up phone, introdusing comodity, answering questions,etc) takes at least 3-4 min.
sometimes i call customers and annoy them about late payments in an hour i make about 25 calls.
they use a predictive dialer, you get calls almost straight away after each other. once you hang up 2 seconds somone says 'hello' so its really fast. you dont manually dial a computer does that and once somone picks up it diverts it to a terminal that is free so an agent can take the call.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
they use a predictive dialer, you get calls almost straight away after each other. once you hang up 2 seconds somone says 'hello' so its really fast. you dont manually dial a computer does that and once somone picks up it diverts it to a terminal that is free so an agent can take the call.
and that's the cause of the high drop out rates of those calls as well, and i suppose why it takes them a sec to answer me all the time

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Do you think if I rung them I would automatically get a job? Is it really that simple?

I might ring them on Monday.

routemarker

HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
Do you think if I rung them I would automatically get a job? Is it really that simple?

I might ring them on Monday.
you'd get the job hands down if they need ppl. apply through the seek advert just put youre name and contacts in (they dont read resumes or cover letters) and theyll call you the next working day if they need ppl.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Can/Do you do it from home ?
Or you have to go in like to an office in your little tele. booth with a bunch of others ??
lol...

hUnNi

HSC
I can't find it on seek.com. Id really like to work for a charity telemarketing org. What are some of the best ones around, who could offer me a job quickly?
What actually happens, do you read off a script?
And are there any charity orgs which offer inbound call centre?

Thanks..

hUnNi

HSC
spin spin sugar said:
damn, at my bf's place its $65 an hr!!! 110 seems like heaps!! shouldnt be hard tho considering an hr is quite long
110 does seem like too much.. $65 seems much more reasonable, where does your bf work ?

THanks..

leathaface

I didn't do telemarketing, I did Market Research. I was getting about 11 bux an hour for a 16 year old and by the time I got a pay rise of 15 bux and hour (within 3 months) I decided to quit, because it was a boring job and I was on the same survey for weeks... conducting a 20 min interview about banks with repeated questions isn't fun.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Telemarking is really crap when the company wants you to say a million things just as someone answers the phone. Worse when it's old people with close to non-existent hearing..

hUnNi

HSC
Does any one work at the call centre LvL 2, 46 Kippax St?
Does that one do charity work? They are advertising jobs in the newspaper..anyone work there...is it a good place to work?..

routemarker

HSC
hUnNi said:
Does any one work at the call centre LvL 2, 46 Kippax St?
Does that one do charity work? They are advertising jobs in the newspaper..anyone work there...is it a good place to work?..

yeah i do, its not that bad it just takes getting used to constant rejections over the phone. they do calls to charities, currently doing queensland pcyc and telstra child flight.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
I did telemarketing for a while and absolutely hated it...
I will never go bak 2 it again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)