Tell me what's good about Macq! (1 Viewer)

heathrow

macquarie's a small uni and easy to find your way around especially with all teh building numbers. but people often seem to be alone when they're having lunch...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
harriet said:
macquarie's a small uni and easy to find your way around especially with all teh building numbers. but people often seem to be alone when they're having lunch...
that's very true. i think it's because timetables are stuffed and you never share classes with the same people so often you'll find you don't have friends during lunch since other people have other classes or go home.

duggoh

Adam
HSC
I'm only entering yr 11 now, but I really wanna do media in writing at macquarie, and im thinking of going 2 the advising day on january 5 (if u didnt know that, u do now :p) and pretend to have finished the hsc and stuff just 2 go 2 the little lectures and blow in and stuff :p... should be fun...

and macquarie supposedly have som gay-lesbian club 2.... not that its really changes y i wanna go there, but because of that i guess they must be a pretty cool uni letting ppl have a club like that...

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
pro: it's got g-land outside the main theatre & library

if you don't know what that is you don't deserve to enjoy it :p

duggoh

Adam
HSC
oh lol... haha, i only looked into sydney and macquarie tho... and i thought it purely coincidental they both had them :p

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
There are bunny rabbits around, especially at night.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
duggoh said:
I'm only entering yr 11 now, but I really wanna do media in writing at macquarie, and im thinking of going 2 the advising day on january 5 (if u didnt know that, u do now :p) and pretend to have finished the hsc and stuff just 2 go 2 the little lectures and blow in and stuff :p... should be fun...

and macquarie supposedly have som gay-lesbian club 2.... not that its really changes y i wanna go there, but because of that i guess they must be a pretty cool uni letting ppl have a club like that...
You don't have to have finished the hsc to come. Everyone's welcome on Advising Day...you'll see a bunch of lil kids around.

Macquarie has been dubbed the 'most radical university in Australia'. Nuff said.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
say does this uni have a gym and other facilities on campus? just curious..

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
yeh they do.

how good they are, i dont know. never went to it.

RIZAL

HSC
yes and it's a crap gym - nothing like fitness first or anything.

but i still go there because u can run into people you know and it's convenient being on campus and all. They are giving the gym an x million dollar major makeover as well over the next few years. :) :) :)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yeah i saw the plans.. there are like 2 indoor pools planned...

somborac

HSC
which is better to attend UTS or macquire? regarding sociolising and sporting wise? also how long does it take to finish one major? coz im choosing B ARts and doing major in business law and later transferrng to bnusiness administrtion...will i finish the uni in minimum time?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
we're a bit biased, if i wanted to go to uts i would have gone to uts

CrashOveride

HSC
Oh and if memory serves correct, they hold certain LAN events at Maquarie? Perhaps SGL sometimes ?

doe

HSC
N/A
the gym is cheap but adequate, see the thread on clubs for more info. one major typically takes 2 - 3 years, you will be at uni for at least 3 years, though not neccessarily doing subjects that are for your major. you have 10 years to complete 1 degree, so i think if you do 1 then transfer to another one the clock goes back to zero and you have another 10 years. how cruisy things are depends on your subjects ... the science workload is as heavy as any other uni, i dont know about law.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Law is usually 4 hours per subject macquarie...

In response to that comment about UTS, I've said it before and I'll say it again: If you want to go to a university in sydney don't go to UTS. Go to UNSW, USYD or MAC (or UWS if you really have to). If you don't care about a 'university' experience and wouldn't mind going to what amounts to a tafe as long as u get a bachelor degree, than consider UTS.

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
yea, I know a few ppls who go to uts and thats what they've pretty much said as well..

they used to hold lan events...the last one I heard about was late 2003/early 2004, tho I havent being into that as much now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)