Tell Us About Your Phone. (1 Viewer)

Bemboka

HSC
i-mate JASJAM
Pros: QWERTY Keypad, pretty much all around good phone. I got it running Windows Mobile 6 now
Cons: Battery life is poor, and my Wi-Fi is not working properly
Overall: 9.5/10
I also have a IMATE JASJAM.
I Flashed the rom so it is now running a Manila 2D version of Windows Mobile 6.5 so it is more "finger frendly" (and I was sick of the boringness of WM5)

As for battery life, I have no trouble at all. I get through a whole day with 90% battery still left.

The only bad thing about this phone is it does get rather laggy after a while and will need the occasional reset.

I would not buy this phone. Instead, buy the HTC Kaiser: The model up from the JASJAM. Has an extra 64MB of RAM boosting it to 128MB which should irradicate the lag problem experianced with the JASJAM.

Or buy the new iPhone 3Gs... thats seems like the best phone out currently (despite the $1000 price tag)

Last edited:

TechnIx

HSC
N/A
I have had the same phone for 5 years, and use it frequently. Back then, it was $120 and it sent me broke. It was one of the first colour models and I was proud to own a new phone that was better than everyone else's.

It can go online (through WAP), have ringtones, play games, run apps, send SMS & MMS, it even glowed in the dark with its standard case.

It was the Nokia 3100. FTW! I still own and use it today. It is the most reliable phone you will ever own. I have dropped it several times, maybe even mistreated it, and it still serves me well! :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Iphone 3G 8GB

For the non-believers: I have previously only owned Nokia phones and found them fantastic. I am not usually an apple fan but this phone is very well done. My brother and dad have the Nokia 5800 and are not happy with theirs and wish they got an iphone, same goes for a friend who has the Blackberry Storm.

Pros: Heaps of apps, good software, things run smoothly (e.g if listening to music and get a call it stops playing song, after call finishes goes right back to the place you listening to prior to call), can do numerous things at one time, very responsive touch screen, easy to use internet on (esp the zoom in zoom out feature using the touch screen), good range of accessories/docks

Cons: Battery life (although I suspect there is something wrong with mine and if it keeps happen I might be cashing in on the waranty), easy to scratch/break (solved with cover) and can't transfer files from iphone to HD of computer (this is an itunes issue and my beef with all ipods).

Personally I love the phone, my old phone was dying and I couldn't find anything on the market I liked, finally when my old phone was on its last legs I made the jump to get a iphone on a 24 month contract (was previously on pre-paid) and I am so glad I did. Esp because I got it for a good price $49 cap ($318 calls, 200mb data and 100 free sms) for 24 months (starting May 09) while I missed the new iphone 3gs I knew I couldn't afford more than $49 and I needed a new phone immediately. Would reccommend it, I was a non-believe who has been converted lol. I especially love smsing with the touch screen!

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Iphone 3G 8GB

For the non-believers: I have previously only owned Nokia phones and found them fantastic. I am not usually an apple fan but this phone is very well done. My brother and dad have the Nokia 5800 and are not happy with theirs and wish they got an iphone, same goes for a friend who has the Blackberry Storm.

Pros: Heaps of apps, good software, things run smoothly (e.g if listening to music and get a call it stops playing song, after call finishes goes right back to the place you listening to prior to call), can do numerous things at one time, very responsive touch screen, easy to use internet on (esp the zoom in zoom out feature using the touch screen), good range of accessories/docks

Cons: Battery life (although I suspect there is something wrong with mine and if it keeps happen I might be cashing in on the waranty), easy to scratch/break (solved with cover) and can't transfer files from iphone to HD of computer (this is an itunes issue and my beef with all ipods).

Personally I love the phone, my old phone was dying and I couldn't find anything on the market I liked, finally when my old phone was on its last legs I made the jump to get a iphone on a 24 month contract (was previously on pre-paid) and I am so glad I did. Esp because I got it for a good price $49 cap ($318 calls, 200mb data and 100 free sms) for 24 months (starting May 09) while I missed the new iphone 3gs I knew I couldn't afford more than $49 and I needed a new phone immediately. Would reccommend it, I was a non-believe who has been converted lol. I especially love smsing with the touch screen!
for a moment i was worried about not using an iphone since it was easy to break.
i was thinking of getting a new iphone as a current all in one communication device, is the gps free?

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Nokia n85 - Excellent phone with all the features. Build quality couldve been better but overall good, 9.5/10.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
for a moment i was worried about not using an iphone since it was easy to break.
i was thinking of getting a new iphone as a current all in one communication device, is the gps free?
I guess I don't mean easy to break but like any touch screen phone there is the fear of dropping it and the screen breaking.

In terms of an all in one its great, internet, email, sms easy to use plus access to music and all that.

I haven't quite figured out the GPS yet, I know my dad thought it was included with the nokia 5800 and ended up costing $150 or something...maybe someone else might know.

xsavagex

HSC
I have a Samsung F480 in Pink

Pros - pretty easy to use, fairly good camera (5megapixels) some good features, nice clear colours

Cons - lags a tiny bit but not too badly, the touch screen is a tiny bit too sensitive which can get annoying but can also be a good thing.

Really love it

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Okay. LG = fail.

My KS360 was replaced with a brand spanking new one. Guess what? It has exactly the same problems.

The TIO are on LG's case now.

Never buy LG phones, and if you want one, do some MASSIVE research.

joshhunt

HSC
Nokia E51

Rating: 8.5/10

Pros: Fantastic build quality (nice and solid, weighty without being like a brick). Excellent proportions (taller than most phones, but really thin). Shortcut buttons are really nice (press the messaging button to go to SMS's, hold it in to go to Email). Not (noticeably) laggy. Telstra NextG (I used to be a Telstra hater (and I still am in most cases), but I am constantly being blown away by the service and speed of their network)

Cons: Series 60. Enough said.

tl;dr: I love my Nokia E51. I don't think I would ever pass it up for another mobile phone (at least at it's price). It is cheap, build quality is fantastic and sleek.

There is no such thing as the perfect phone. That is why when you buy one, it is all about compromises. With the iPhone, you have to put up with a chubby device that often shits out on you and crashes at the worst of times. The Blackberry Bold has horrible UI later on once you get past the home screen, same with any WinMo phone.

With the Nokia E51, you have to put up with Symbian Series 60 as the operating system. First, let me get this straight: Symbian phones were once really really good, and was one of their features. But not any more. It has not advanced with the times. Nokia has just kept putting feature upon feature on top of an old operating system which was just not scaling and adapting very well. The E51 has wi-fi, but it is next to impossible to use! You have to manually connect to it, and it seems impossible to enter proxy details. (Wi-fi is one of the places where the iPhone really excels). Although it can multitask, it is a pain to do it.

The built in email client is HOPELESS! Luckily they have their Nokia Messenging email app which is fantastic to use (and supports fake push IMAP). There are just lots of niggling annoyances and problems in the OS that stop it from being a 10/10 device.

All that said, I love my Nokia E51 to bits and I recommend it to everyone.

Last edited:

tedelex06

HSC
Blackberry 8800

8/10

Pros:
Blackberry OS > all
great signal
PUSH email
good web browser
GPS
WiFi
QWERTY keyboard is WONDERFUL to use
Fast

Cons:
only available though telstra in australia (mine is american AT&T branded)
no camera
bluetooth is a pain in the ass to use
its not an iphone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)