Telling the Truth - Related Texts (1 Viewer)

Cheap Thrills

HSC
um, we havent started this module yet, but our teacher has suggested to keep an eye out for anything that grabs our attention for related material. i was thinking the movie veronica guerin would be good. also, i thought maybe a historiographical book, "what is history?". it raises some interesting points on truth and objectivity. im a bit worried that it isnt all that suited though...it would be good for someone doing history and memory, but yeah. any thoughts?

Nayyy

HSC
well i chose
song: rehab - amy winehouse
book: oscar wilde an exquisite life - stephen calloway

i got 100% for related material responses

bobjingles

HSC
Hey
i was thinking of doing newspaper articles relating to the Iguana Affair/John Della Bosca Case. is this relevant? does it fit well with frontline?

kirst21k

HSC
bobjingles said:
Hey
i was thinking of doing newspaper articles relating to the Iguana Affair/John Della Bosca Case. is this relevant? does it fit well with frontline?
well im doing ted hughes, my teacher said it would be good for that unit and great for frontline

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
bobjingles said:
Hey
i currently have an assignment where we have to choose three articles about a controversial issue and how the media manipulate the truth. i am doing the Belinda Neal case (only her, not Della Bosca) but we don't have to relate it to frontline...yet.

i think it would go well with "Add Sex and Stir"

Lexii-

HSC
I'm doing Powerplay - Antony & Cleopatra - and we've been told to use the Iguanagate scandal for that too.

And just a random tip for anyone; if you're going to use The Chaser as a related text for Telling The Truth, seriously; don't use 'War on Everything', like if you must, use episodes from the first half of Season1 (the blue dvd), but you'd be heaps heaps better off using stuff from CNNNN. Those dvd's are going for about $16 now. They've only got bits and pieces of CNNNN, not the whole season; but it's still good.

screnigan

HSC
I would love to do Chicago, does anyone have any notes on it? Or can someone recommend another text? Thanks everyone. x

amina121

HSC
how would you relate the song Media by the John Butler Trio to episodes of Frontline.
Im confused by this entire module!

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
I'm thinking about using the book Atonement as related material for this module to talk about the link between perception, innocence and truth. I am going to ask my teacher but does anyone have any advice as to whether this will or will not work?

slowjam10

HSC
Caitlin63 said:
I'm thinking about using the book Atonement as related material for this module to talk about the link between perception, innocence and truth. I am going to ask my teacher but does anyone have any advice as to whether this will or will not work?
I think that would be a pretty good text, but it depends on how you use it...basically anything can work depending on you..

but definetely ask....great film also

Tha Wishkah

HSC
im considering doing Kurt Cobain: About a son documentary
it reveals how he was misinterpreted by the media etc.

Also, Zeitgeist movie is win.

shcottie

HSC
Would anybody reccommend doing Good Night and Good Luck as a related text?
It's a great portrayal of a situation but I don't think there's alot of techniques to talk about..

janna08

HSC
Apparently good night and good luck is v good for telling the truth, my eng teacher recommended it. Does anyone know if opinion articles in the newspapers would be good; seeing as they try to present a certain point/opinion?

goosen

HSC
Does anyone have the cartoon 'Lies' by Michael Leunig and is Star Wars 3 a possible related text?

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
anyone considered the political documentary Out Foxed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)