Telling the Truth - Related Texts (1 Viewer)

mo2ar7

HSC
If you're doing Media Watch, I found three particularly good ones and they're quite recent too (2008):

"Phantom of the Internet"
http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s2178689.htm
(This one is about David Richards copying news articles verbatim from other sources without acknowledge - classic example of misrepresentation of the truth)

"Photo Finish"
http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s2178691.htm
(This is about manipulating images to get the 'good story')

"Careless Whispers"
http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s2276510.htm
(You might find this one to be a helpful example for reusing stories - there is a Frontline episode where they reuse an old story)

Hope this helps :wave:
mo2ar7

mo2ar7

HSC
I'm not 100% certain, but I know at our school, they tell us not to use anything heroic such as Spiderman, Batman, Superman etc. so I'd be inclined to think that you probably can't use it.

However, if you can adequately justify how the truth is represented in Star Wars Ep.3 then you might be able to use it. With 'Telling the Truth", are you trying to refer to the way that Palpatine manages to manipulate Anakin so that he can become his new apprentice? Making Anakin break the rules of the council by spying (treason)? The way that Obi-Wan and Anakin see things differently?

If you need any other texts, the song lyric "Media" by John Butler Trio is a good one to do. Media Watch and "Network" (1976 Film) are also good related texts you can use.

mo2ar7

yennie B

HSC
dont go near pop culture.

Someone used aladin as related material once.

i was thinking WTF.

mo2ar7

HSC
Need Help Desperately

Hi fellow BOS users,

I have my trial exam for Modules (including Frontline) this Tuesday 12th Aug 08.
I want to use John Butler Trio's "Media" as one of my related texts but I need lots more information about it. Has anyone possibly done an analysis of this already? Any help would be really greatly appreciated. If you have analysed this, could you post the link (or attachment) by 12:00-1:00PM tomorrow.

Sorry bout the short notice! Thanks for your help guys!

mo2ar7 :)

wendus

krawr.
HSC
Re: Need Help Desperately

i heard that isn't such a good text to use. but good luck with it anyway.

and about the aladdin one - LOL.

madsss

HSC
hey. i think i am going to do Lies by The Waifs
you can hear it on one of their myspace sites.

wondering if anyone had any info on that?...

callumg5678

HSC
Hey, any ideas for a quick related text. Perhaps a poem, cartoon or article. Any suggestions appreciated

danz90

HSC
What do you guys reckon of the movie "Bordertown" with J-Lo, as a related text for Frontline? I've chosen it as one of my related texts...

amystephens

HSC
hey, i'm still doing some research for related texts for frontline, and i'm deciding between "a civil action" and "erin brockovich". i'm thinking more to "a civil action" because there's a lot of truth etc etc and it might look more impressive.

but i'm stuck on a second related text, as i think having two movies as a related text wouldn't look too good to the markers, but i'm unsure of a good text. i was thinking of maybe using the book "the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime", but i'm unsure of how to first, relate that to frontline and also to analyse it.

so, i'm asking, do you think it would be okay to use two movies as a related text? or if anyone has an easy news article/book/poem relating to truth, that would be greatly appreciated =]

thanks.

liss897

HSC
where can i find the "cash for comment" articles there doesnt seem to be any :S

Deadlybat

HSC
N/A
does any body have any good written or cartoon texts? i have frontline plus a movie (Michael Clayton) so i need to use a different medium

callumg5678

HSC
does anyone know whether there is a time limit for related texts. ie i want to use an article from 2004.

SrdidJive

HSC
anyone looking who is looking for a text now is pretty stupid...
But I just found this easy one for any lazy ppl

HSC
SrdidJive said:
anyone looking who is looking for a text now is pretty stupid...
strongly disagree. there are six days left to come up with two, I repeat only TWO good paragraphs of analysis for each related. if it takes you that long, you're already going to fail your unseen text section :)

anyway, i did an inconvenient truth and a poem that relates to ted hughes... thinking of changing the second to a propaganda poster from WWII, just so i have a wider range of text types...

mk.jnr

HSC
Would "The Truman Show" be good as a related text, and if so , how would i be able to explain it in an essay?

Thanks for the help..

mk..

rusty91

HSC
Would Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal" be a good text to use as a supp. text for media? REPLY ASAP PLZ

the Joker

HSC
Hey guys my first post, and what a good time to join in hehehe:uhoh: ...ANyway, What techniques could be mentioned for "An Inconveinient Truth"? and how does it relate to telling the truth? Im also having difficulty linking "To Kill A Mocking Bird" so if anyone is doing them, please help:confused: ...even a one worded response will be greatly appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)