telling truth - b'day (1 Viewer)

Tia

Syd Mem
HSC
N/A
What related are people using for TTT?
I wanted to do plath, but the medium of poetry is the same. Should i stick to it or use something else. If something else, WHAT CAN I USE????:(

Andronicus

Don't worry about the medium - if your doing B-DAY, use Plath, or Keats (he's better), and then throw in a filmlike "Pleasantville" or "Fight Club".

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
we got given some of plaths poems. we dont have to use them, but as my teacher said, they are the obvious and best ones to use, as they show different representations of truth within a relationship.

ratherbesleepin

how is pleasentville or fight club related? - i need a related movie, theyre the only one i can remember

allyteaded

Plath??

Isn't Plath a HSC text??

I advise people to avoid using texts on the HSC list... even if you're studying it, the marker has no way of knowing that and might assume you were just lazy to look for your own additional material.

I mean, the letters, you're probably getting away with but don't do any of the ones on the HSC list.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by allyteaded
Isn't Plath a HSC text??

I advise people to avoid using texts on the HSC list... even if you're studying it, the marker has no way of knowing that and might assume you were just lazy to look for your own additional material.

I mean, the letters, you're probably getting away with but don't do any of the ones on the HSC list.
the hsc text about plath..is it letters or poems?
coz the ones we were given to use as supp material if we want are poems.

allyteaded

Sylvia Plath

Sorry this might sound stupid ... we're talking about Sylvia Plath right?

The ones on the HSC are poems... here's a list of the ones I know that are on the HSC list. There might be others, but I'm not sure about that... (they were listed on the Catholic Trial).

Sylvia Plath, Ariel
* Lady Lazarus
* Ariel
* Nick and the Candlestick
* You're
* Daddy
* The Applicant
* Kindness

These are studied under Module B.

I remember studying Plath for year 11 poetry unit and my report couldn't get marked just because Plath is used in the HSC.

I mean, you can use Plath for stimulus, but might I suggest her letters or another poem that's not listed above? Otherwise, like I said, even if it's under another module, the examiner may assume your were just being lazy and didn't go out to find your own material. I mean, you might be able to use it very well, but the "originality" criteria might be... you know *waves hand*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)