Telling Truth (1 Viewer)

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
I've got articles (newpaper) ranging from boat people and howard, big brother (the one turkan wrote for the daily telegraph).
Also, i have the movie Erin Brocovich (shows the authoiries and filters of truth).
Documentary: Fall from grace - OJ Simpson (implied truth)

Hope thats helpful :)

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
yeah i do actually; but its written out, and its really messy - i took notes during the video. I'll send if u want (scanner)

umm actually, i have it typed up.

|_wise_|

gossip?

i was watching gossip for the third time the other day and the idea of using it for related material popped into my head....the whole point of RM i suppose....anyway i suppose its more NOT telling the truth as opposed to telling the truth....any suggestions/comments?

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
You can argue with Constructions of truth, and how authoirties/media can filter out the truth and distort it.

btw, what is gossip? is it a movie?

|_wise_|

yeah gossip is a movie....and i strongly suggest you watch it...ooohhh....and i think this brings me up to my 30th post......:D

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
neva herd of it,
is it black and white, or is it a new one.
And who's in it; coz i'm not gonna watch it if its some old fck

|_wise_|

tsk tsk...no need to be so aggresive....go to imdb.com and do a search for gossip.....

Morgues

wag the dog and insider are what you need

Sure gossip is related but your gonna have a hard time integrating that into your essay smoothly

|_wise_|

yeah you are right....wag the dog would be awesome...i had had that idea and forgotten about it....these forums reminded me of it...thats another one i owe you guys :p

irmakd

Supp Material!!

Hey Guys have any1 of you watched the QUIZ SHOW, i recommend it to all those who are studying Frontline because its about how Tv Game shows are not really what they seem to be. Its all a plan. Its about how one guy is told the answers to the questions b4 the game show begins and obviously he wins, he becomes famous and the they tell him that he has to loose and get one of the easiest questions wrong. HE gets humiliated and i wont tell you the rest. But basically its about how the people in upper management positions in TV have control over everthing. We are still watching it. It is an excellent supp material to include in ur exam esssays.I hope this was of some help. Goodluck to all:D

Matt

Hey People,

I am studying FRONTLINE and I am having troubles finding techniques used to convey themes e.g. juxtaposition, metaphors, similies etc. Can anyone help?

Thanks

staree

HSC
N/A
irmakd.....
i used that in yr 12 last year... Quiz Show...
it was very good cos it was something that not many people would have thought of........
i strongly recommend it as well. the fact that it's based on a true story is even better.......

|_wise_|

hey Matt check out the stuff on the front page of boredofstudies.cjb.net

it has some really good resources on techniques used in frontline...its under english --> advanced...

let us know how you find it

irmakd

Staree.....

Staree.....

Do you have any notes on The quizshow or essays if you do can you plz post them to me

my email is irmakd@hotmail.com

I just wants some ideas on how i can write an essay on it ( if you can)

thanks

:p

D[]esel

MATT - TECHNIQUES

MATTTTTTTT THIS IS FOR YOU MAT MAT MAT
well you needed help for techniques correct?

here's a summary for you =)

- society's access to truth through the series of Frontline may be impeded or hindered --> technique of concealment/manipulative extent.
- use of sensationalism to increase ratings of series, in such a way that certain evens or personalities recieve various representations.
- frontline acts as comic parody in order to satirise the industry and highlight the authority....bla bla bla
- techniques of parody are used to reveal methods of manipulation employed in the media.
- fabrication of stories.
- I CANT THINK OF ANY MORE!! oh oh perhaos visual representation?? eg: the seige..
HOPE I HELPED CIAO!!

|_wise_|

i have an assessment on techniques in frontline next week...so very very helpful...thanks

D[]esel

yah yah

glad i could help...

ahh im as tired as hell..sick of hsc bullshit =\

night night

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)