[TENNIS] The 2014 Australian Open Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
I reckon li na will win. Just to much experience over cibulkova. Li is pretty blessed- all the seeds above her and raswanska are out. She would have a tough time against azarenka or Williams if they were playing better.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
Re: [TENNIS] The Official 2014 Australian Open Thread

its only sharapova and azarenka that have that problem

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

A preview/trailer/teaser for tonight's match.

5 hours left.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
"The Spanish Tennis Federation sent a doctor to Melbourne for Rafael Nadal; Angel Ruiz Cotorro, and also Julián Casanova, a physiotherapist.

With them traveled to the capital of Victoria a revolutionary machine, called Indiba, which will help the rapid recovery of the left hand of the number 1 ATP player. Nadal suffers a nagging sore that forced him to play Grigor Dimitrov bandaged...

"We applied creams that help regenerate skin, but also Indiba, which serves to accelerate the healing process" explains Cotorro. The device that applies radiofrequency thereby accelerating metabolism of cells, reorganizing oxygenated blood, improving the velocity of blood flow and by promoting lymphatic drainage of the peripheral area. So the cell state thrives."

Looks like Nadal is pulling out all the guns to try to win AO

Also I think RLA will have its roof closed so effectively it may be indoors hard which should favour Federer

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

"The Spanish Tennis Federation sent a doctor to Melbourne for Rafael Nadal; Angel Ruiz Cotorro, and also Julián Casanova, a physiotherapist.

With them traveled to the capital of Victoria a revolutionary machine, called Indiba, which will help the rapid recovery of the left hand of the number 1 ATP player. Nadal suffers a nagging sore that forced him to play Grigor Dimitrov bandaged...

"We applied creams that help regenerate skin, but also Indiba, which serves to accelerate the healing process" explains Cotorro. The device that applies radiofrequency thereby accelerating metabolism of cells, reorganizing oxygenated blood, improving the velocity of blood flow and by promoting lymphatic drainage of the peripheral area. So the cell state thrives."

Looks like Nadal is pulling out all the guns to try to win AO

Also I think RLA will have its roof closed so effectively it may be indoors hard which should favour Federer
Last time they played indoors (i.e. WTF 2013 semi-finals), Federer lost to Nadal in straights (first time he lost to Nadal indoors - their indoors H2H is now 4-1, favouring Roger) so I think the indoors advantage is not that great. But a closed roof sure does help Roger.

The key in this match-up is Roger's BH and the return of serve. He needs to reduce the amount of unnecessary slices (especially slice returns) and believe in his topspin BH. If his RoS is aggressive, he can convert break points better. Also, try to attack the Rafa BH.

As for Rafa, he just needs to do what he does best... pound the 1 handed backhand. Serve to the BH on key-points :haha:
Rafa just needs to play at his usual intense level and he already has like a 90% chance of beating Roger.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Last time they played indoors (i.e. WTF 2013 semi-finals), Federer lost to Nadal in straights (first time he lost to Nadal indoors - their indoors H2H is now 4-1, favouring Roger) so I think the indoors advantage is not that great. But a closed roof sure does help Roger.

The key in this match-up is Roger's BH and the return of serve. He needs to reduce the amount of unnecessary slices (especially slice returns) and believe in his topspin BH. If his RoS is aggressive, he can convert break points better. Also, try to attack the Rafa BH.

As for Rafa, he just needs to do what he does best... pound the 1 handed backhand. Serve to the BH on key-points :haha:
Rafa just needs to play at his usual intense level and he already has like a 90% chance of beating Roger.
I thought that was on Rogers racquet - Fed was toe to toe, couldve won first set at 5-4 I think but was slightly edged. The rest was poor against a decent but not spectacular Nadal and Fed kept netting groundstrokes and volleys he could have done otherwise. With the off season with Edberg and 98 racquet youd think Fed has readjusted to a more aggressive game rather than in WTF it seemed like he didnt have a back up plan.

Yep as usual Spindal will serve wide to Feds bh to force the slice return so RoServerer needs to show up. Serverer needs to show up too to neutralise the Nadal return to enable him to gain control at net and baseline. Most important is for Federer to convert brrak points well which he hasnt done consistently.

Honestly I would surprised if either one gives the other a str8 sets blowout and expect Nadal to prevail in no less than 4/5 sets. Federer needs to especially gain the initiative in tbs which Nadal has done well in so far

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A

fedal!

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A

gold diggers

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Berdych's gf was smoking hot.

Tomas might not be a slam winner but he is sure a winner with Ester Satorova. :haha:

Kim Sears (Andy's) and Jelena Ristic (Novak's) are up there as well.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Federer's BH is getting abused atm in 3/4 of these rallies but some clutch-moments from Roger to save break-points.

He needs to find his topspin BH soon.

crazy_paki123

HSC

i dont care who wins cause theyre both beasts, but in the final i want Wawrinka to win. But considering his record vs both its very unlikely

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)