we have a take home we got on thursday
its due next friday
then the following week we have an inclass based on the take home test
with different questions
take home is worth 25% and inclass is the other 75%
total weighting is 20% of assessment marks

Pace_T

HSC
We have just got a 10% weighting exam next week thursday. It's pretty basic stuff, it's just applications of calculus to the physical world..

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
we just had an asessment worth 20% on friday it included probability, logs, trigonometric functions and sequence and series

i think we have another one in wek 10 worth 25%... leaving us with the 30% trial next term...

joe u have a take home task?

is that like an exam that u have to complete at home... neva had anything like that...

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
physician said:
we just had an asessment worth 20% on friday it included probability, logs, trigonometric functions and sequence and series

i think we have another one in wek 10 worth 25%... leaving us with the 30% trial next term...

joe u have a take home task?

is that like an exam that u have to complete at home... neva had anything like that...
complete it at home
its due next friday
we get it back on tuesday the following week
thursday (2days after we get it back) we have our inclass
i could scan my take home so u guys can c wat type of questions it has on it
i havent started it yet
i reckon the take home is ok
u can already secure urself 25% of the 100 marks
coz the test is worth 75% out of the 100%

roadcone

HSC
I have a maths test on wednesday. It is worth 15% and is on integration and exponentials i think. After this the only assessment for maths that I have left is the trial, worth 40%

physician

HSC
roadcone said:
I have a maths test on wednesday. It is worth 15% and is on integration and exponentials i think. After this the only assessment for maths that I have left is the trial, worth 40%
40% woah!!!... that's alot.... good luck... but at least u have heaps of time to prepare for them.. also depending on when u complete the maths course...

i think it's good to have trials worth a huge portion of ur assessments becuase by the time u get to the trials u should be able to incoorporate all ur knowledge of the course... mine is worth 30%.... but... anyways.... good luck with that...

and good luck to everyone else with all ur upcoming assessments

physician

HSC
damnation said:
i have my trials in weeks 9-10 this term. Not happy Jan...

Boy that's harsh.. well in my point of view anyway...

why so early?....

but then again... i have like 5-6 assessments in week 9 and 10... and personally i'd prefer exams to hand in/take home assessments...

do u have like a break or anything before the trials...?

monique66

like 2 days of stu vac, i'm pretty pissed off. The only good thing is that it's not the entire syllabus.

physician

HSC
damnation said:
like 2 days of stu vac, i'm pretty pissed off. The only good thing is that it's not the entire syllabus.
man that is completely dull...

have u completed any of the courses?

plus.. i'd prefer to be tested on the entire syllabus for my trials.. that way u know where u stand... and can get the real feel of the HSC...

But then again... my trials will be huge... it's gonna test the whole maths course for advanced... and almost 96% of the extension course... and chem may also be the whole syllabus... (maybe including the option)

so i guess having them early has both its ups and downs...

well damnation ur a bright 05er and hopefully u'll manage... I think i recall u saying u don't have any assessmewnts after the trails...

if so.. then u'll be the fortunate one... while were stressing out about our trials.. u'll be realxing/studying for the BIG ONE... so u'll always be one step ahead...

i think i have a few asssesmments after my trials... and like visual arts and english major works are due in week 6..... so we'll only have week 5 after our trials to polish up our majors.. whereas u'll have all the time in the wrold...

once again.. good luck damnation...

Last edited:

monique66

aww...shucks, your sweet.:)
I haven't completed any of my courses, but i will only have 9units worth of exams cause ext2 english dosen't have an exam. Hmm...i do have assessments after the trials but they are not worth as much, so i'm happy that i have time to actually study for the real HSC.

I actually asked my principal why she made them so early and she said it was because her own daughter had hers in term3 and had so many MWs due so she hardly slept. But at the same time, while it may be good for ext2, i question whether its worth sacrificing the other 9units.

physician

HSC
damnation said:
aww...shucks, your sweet.:)
I haven't completed any of my courses, but i will only have 9units worth of exams cause ext2 english dosen't have an exam. Hmm...i do have assessments after the trials but they are not worth as much, so i'm happy that i have time to actually study for the real HSC.

I actually asked my principal why she made them so early and she said it was because her own daughter had hers in term3 and had so many MWs due so she hardly slept. But at the same time, while it may be good for ext2, i question whether its worth sacrificing the other 9units.
u won't be sacrificing anything really.......

everyone at ur school is in the same situation.. and therefore no one is advantaged or disadvantaged.. all that matters in school is ur rank... and so as long as u maintain or improve ur rank there's nothing to worry about.. as long as u kill the HSC exams.. then that's pritty much all that matters...

in regards to sleep... i never sleep anyways.. so nothing will change....lol

ok i do sleep but only a maximum of 6.5 hours a day... during exam periods.. i only sleep like 4 hours... so yeh...

i'll have 10 units worth of exams... although i wish i peformed better in arabic last year... i would've dropped 2 units... and only have had 8 units for my HSC...

oh well... maybe i should have thought of that at the time...

monique66

physician said:
u won't be sacrificing anything really.......

everyone at ur school is in the same situation.. and therefore no one is advantaged or disadvantaged.. all that matters in school is ur rank... and so as long as u maintain or improve ur rank there's nothing to worry about.. as long as u kill the HSC exams.. then that's pritty much all that matters...

in regards to sleep... i never sleep anyways.. so nothing will change....lol

ok i do sleep but only a maximum of 6.5 hours a day... during exam periods.. i only sleep like 4 hours... so yeh...

i'll have 10 units worth of exams... although i wish i peformed better in arabic last year... i would've dropped 2 units... and only have had 8 units for my HSC...

oh well... maybe i should have thought of that at the time...
hey at least you have something to back you up, you'll be fine ;)

Hmm...if i start not sleeping now, maybe ican actually ace my trials...

physician

HSC
damnation said:
hey at least you have something to back you up, you'll be fine ;)

Hmm...if i start not sleeping now, maybe ican actually ace my trials...
lol... yes excellent strategy... tell me how it goes... if it works then i'll follow ur footsteps... if not then i'll make sure i get 8 hours sleep... a day....

in reality i only have 1 back up unit... arabic (being one of the lowest scaling subjects) will only help me if i get like 55-60 in any of my other subjects... where only then it'll be a back up...

monique66

physician said:
lol... yes excellent strategy... tell me how it goes... if it works then i'll follow ur footsteps... if not then i'll make sure i get 8 hours sleep... a day....

in reality i only have 1 back up unit... arabic (being one of the lowest scaling subjects) will only help me if i get like 55-60 in any of my other subjects... where only then it'll be a back up...
damn, so essentially you backup isn't really a backup? I'm sure you'll be fine anyway.

Hehe, you can always learn from my mistakes. :rolleyes:

physician

HSC
damnation said:
damn, so essentially you backup isn't really a backup? I'm sure you'll be fine anyway.

Hehe, you can always learn from my mistakes. :rolleyes:

nop... its not much of a back up at all...

lol.. no hopefully i won't have to learn from ur mistakes... because hopefully u won't make any...

lol... i think we've taken the thread topic to a completely new direction ..

so back on topic...

yes! maths assessments are going fine.. and i think my mark average will improve dramatically thanks to the exam we had on friday...

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
i handed in my take home assessment 2day

i have my inclass this thursday

HSC
exam on Probability, Applications of Series (financial stuff) and All of Logs and exponentials

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)