Term 2 Holiday Discussion! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
magpam said:
lolz ok note taken

what is actually considered as copying though? i haven't done this but just say for example copying a sentence or two.... or changing the words?
Be fine I think. Just make sure you don't go copying paragraphs :)

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
magpam said:
lolz ok note taken

what is actually considered as copying though? i haven't done this but just say for example copying a sentence or two.... or changing the words?
hm did you participate in the "all your own work" workshops ? they should have given you a really good idea on what is plagarism and how much info you are aloud to use. If you did attend those and really listened at times (which i know ALOT of us and people I know didn't do) it was really useful info to process and could really help with your assignments and all.

http://amow.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ heres the link if you would like a look at it.

cfair

Banned
HSC
magpam said:
lolz ok note taken

Yeah, I was kidding when I said copy what other people have done... that's suicide if you're caught.

What I do is if I have a task that's been done before, I go to the resources page and grab one or two to see the types of answers they give and what format they're in... It's the easiest way to get me started. :)

cccclaire

HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
hm did you participate in the "all your own work" workshops ? they should have given you a really good idea on what is plagarism and how much info you are aloud to use. If you did attend those and really listened at times (which i know ALOT of us and people I know didn't do) it was really useful info to process and could really help with your assignments and all.

http://amow.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ heres the link if you would like a look at it.
did everyone elses schools take that seriously?
At mine we had like a 30 minute session and they gave us a handout and I just remember doing the find-a-words in it.

I don't plagarise though.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
cccclaire said:
At mine we had like a 30 minute session and they gave us a handout and I just remember doing the find-a-words in it.

well no not really .. but i listened at a few of them where the teachers actually made us work .. and well in a way it was quite useful at times. But more than half of the time I must admit I was playing boxes - first time playing and I won ! ^^ ahaha ..

our school acted strict on it .. and totally made sure that we all done it by holding an assembly and taking all those who didn't finish it .. lol but yeah it was a bludge .. and also very boring at times ! ^^

cfair

Banned
HSC
cccclaire said:

i remember the day vividly, waste of 8 periods going to each workshop... we slept a lot.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
It was our last week of school after the SC. They wasted 20 periods on this and gave us the module booklets, which is probabaly somewhere in my closet. Most of things is basically common sense.

williamc

HSC
Remember it's only year 11, and it is a holiday period. Relax, go out, and have fun! You don't want to get burnt out for year 12. These are the first school holidays were i have actually done some school work, and i only got 1 more left after this lol.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I havent done anything yet :eek:

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
That "All Your Own Work" thing was a joke. They made us go back to school for a full day just to do that shit. Of course, since it only lasted one period my friends and I left to see "Borat". best.decision.everrrrr.

Mr.XClusive

HSC
i gotta catch up to my chemistry, maths ext & maths and physics work. also preparing for yearly test.

Cheap Thrills

HSC
Zephyrio said:
Congrats on that great mark!

For me I did Yitzhak Rabin. The assessment was based on two sections: a speech in the persona of your chosen leader and then a written report. I got 10/10 for the speech :D but haven't received the reports yet.

And about the Rwandan Genocide - have you watched "Hotel Rwanda"? That movie was so good, and it gave me chills.
Yeah I was gonna use it as a source, but decided against it. Great film though.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I've completed all my homework.

Now it's just notes. Then I can enjoy the rest of my holidays without the hassle of school.

cccclaire

HSC
Kujah said:
I've completed all my homework.

Now it's just notes. Then I can enjoy the rest of my holidays without the hassle of school.
I'm so jealous

I have a tonne of maths and english and biology to do.
I'm doing my biology time-line at the moment, I have no idea how I'm going to set it out, its going to be huge.

cs01001

HSC
Fuck, I gotta catch up on all that Calculus, Trig and Chem and more.

Fuck, Fuck.

cfair

Banned
HSC
cccclaire said:
I'm doing my biology time-line at the moment, I have no idea how I'm going to set it out, its going to be huge.
I'll give you my eternal love for it? :)

I've done 4 assignments now, just have to do the bio timeline and some legal studies

The second week of the holidays are mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)