Terms of Trade assessment (1 Viewer)

Skeptyks

HSC
"Using the internet and other media, compile a powerpoint presentation (or the use of other presentation software) that explains Australia's current Terms of Trade. Integrate as much graphic and/or statistic data as possible. Include a bibliograpy of all sources referred to."

Okay, so I have 2 things I am wondering about.
1) Havn't done any powerpoints in Year 12 for any assessments so just wondering whether this means that the word count/content would be cut down.
2) For "explaining Aus's current ToT" should I first start off defining the general concept of ToT, then effects/causes, stating Aus' ToT (any good websites to find this?) and finish off with what it means for Australia?

Thanks.

chrisman9519

HSC
i wouldnt define it, as everyone in the class will know what you're talking about. I think that you should use very limited text because text detracts from powerpoint presentations in economics. I would initially talk about a brief history of what our ToT have looked like, using a good graph and referring to it during the presentation. then outline the implications for Australia where the terms of trade may have had a noticable long/short term change. after youve done that, look at the current situation, what are the causes of our current situation of ToT. outline the direct implications, and then the further consequences for the economy.

focus on how we got to where we are now, the causes and then the further implications for our economy

the vast majority of your slides should be graphs with only a few being for text. and those with text should have limited text. such as:
Causes of Australia's high imports or whatever:
- point 1
- point 2
- point 3
- point 4 etc.

for each of these have a visual representation to show for it.

ppp's are a presentation aid and not your main medium for explaining information

also try and go into a fair bit of depth by looking into some sophisticated sources (use google scholar/books) to really get some solid information. more than other subjects, for economics you need depth in your content not breadth in your sources

Skeptyks

HSC
Sorry I also forgot to add that I will not be presenting it to the class, just to the teacher and this is printed out :S
It's a bit weird but would I still define it, have limited text etc etc?

Thanks for your detailed response :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)