Terrible results so far (mostly) - what could this mean for my ATAR (1 Viewer)

jg234

HSC
N/A
Hey all, have been very concerned lately as my internal marks haven't been very good and I am unsure how they may affect my ATAR. I study
  • English advanced
  • General maths
  • Ancient history
  • Geography
  • Information technology
  • Legal studies

my trial results were pretty horrible all round (like in the high 30's and 40's for some), maths definetly being the worst and subjects like IT and geography being quite good overall ( assessment mark is around the 80's)

I am really concerned that my lack of marks and in some case pretty poor marks on assignment (though I did achieve a 100% on an essay task once or twice) are going to seriously destroy my ATAR? Can anyone head some light on this as if needed I could just repeat year 12

deswa1

HSC
There is no way near enough information to tell. What would help is:

1. What is your school rank?
2. What are your ranks (and cohort sizes) in each subject

But yes, getting very poor trial results will have a highly negative impact on your ATAR- sorry :(

Memento-mori

HSC
It will negatively effect your ATAR- but if you nail your external, there is still some hope.

jg234

HSC
N/A
Well in adv. english I got a rank of 24/36, Ancient 15/30, geog 8/14, legal 7/20, gen,maths 50/65
(final report) I guess i was having an off period but right now im guessing going back and doing year 12 again may be my only choice

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Your ranks aren't a trainwreck, there's still hope if you do well externally.

Please never do the HSc again, the same things that plague you this time could again, it's better to go to uni and transfer later.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Those ranks are really good to be honest, well they are not 'exceptional' but still. When I saw "terrible" I was expecting more like right at the bottom. You seem you are going to do fairly alright, but the general maths ranks are hurting my eyes. You should be at least in the top 4...

Please provide your school rank :)

jg234

HSC
N/A
Those ranks are really good to be honest, well they are not 'exceptional' but still. When I saw "terrible" I was expecting more like right at the bottom. You seem you are going to do fairly alright, but the general maths ranks are hurting my eyes. You should be at least in the top 4...

Please provide your school rank :)
haha yeah I guess they arent that bad, i guess im just stressing as I dont really seem to take into account other assessment tasks, But yeah maths is proving to be a bit of a problem. Ill find out what my school rank is and post it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)