Terrible Subject (1 Viewer)

HSC
my friends- i live in a boarding house- think im weird because when it comes to bio and chem, i am a nerd- and can study for hours
but they never, and i mean NEVER, see me studying for IPT

the whole subject is pointless, boring as hell and irrelevant to real life
You have got to be kidding me.
IPT with SDD are probably the subjects relevant to real life. Look at what you have compared it to....Biology and Chemistry, Yes those skills are so practical in real life aren't they. :rolleyes:

The only thing I can think of more practicle are languages. No matter what job you have in the future you will need to know how to operate a computer, its like a basic skill hence why some schools have started computing as a mandatory course in year 7 + 8.

I agree though the subject is boring and the syllabus desperately needs to be updated,
What i've found how you percieve IPT really depends on your teacher.

tigergal

Wests Tigers Supporter
HSC
agreed 100%
its the only hsc subject i have to worry about this year but i hate it and just can't bring myself to studying it.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
miss_gtr said:
OMG I'm so sick of the "don't do IPT" attitude around here. Let people decide if they want to do this subject or not! I thoroughly enjoyed ipt.. So just because you can't seem to study for this subject, do not encourage people not do it.
And for those who are unsure if they want to do IPT or not, DO NOT BASE THIS SUBJECT ON THE SCALING...Who gives a toss? Its a subject, you do it, you get the marks, it contributes to your uai... BAM thats the end of that.
Quit whining about IPT.
i agree
let people decide whether they want to do ipt or not..
ipt happens to be my favourite subject, i have a great time learning about everything and i may not get hte best marks compared to come people on this site, i get the best grades at my school.
Ipt isnt the hardest subject to study for.. grab the syllabus sit down and write the notes, get the past papers and get used to the feel and layout of the paper - its not difficult

as for it being irrelevant to anything in real life, my god where have you been living for the last century? knowledge in technology and communication are vital in the majority of jobs at the moment, there are few jobs which require no knowledge of computers, and having the level of knowledge gained from this course is vital in the 'real life' .

if you didnt like the course, you had the opportunity to drop it and pick up a more enjoyable course a very long time ago. theres only 7.5 days until the bloody course is over. just study and get it over and done with and youll never have to deal with it ever again.

香港!

HSC
ya IPT is stupid, boring AND low scaling:(
I have hardly ever touched it throughout the year.. need to cram it all up in the next few days lol

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
Given that your generation is expected to have 5 career changes with a lifetime how can you possibly decide what subject will be relevant or of assistance in your future endeavours.
Heavens knows you kids cant possibly learn something for the sake of learning - more the shame.

It worries me greatly that a Year 10 student ( who did Visual Arts as well as Computers) only knew of the sculptures of David and the Venus de milo from a Simpson's episode .. but I suppose atleast she did know of them.

IPT is stupid, boring AND low scaling ?????????
only if YOU let it be

***climbs down off soapbox ***

香港!

HSC
^
hahaha... well if you check last years stats for IPT... the TOP IN THE STATE for IPT last year (HSC Mark of 98), only received a contribution of 95.2 aggregate points out 500, towards the UAI.
I can get LOW 90s in 4 Unit Maths or even 3 Unit Maths... and get MORE than that maximum aggregate contribution of 95.2 by IPT. It is much easier to get low 90's in 4 Unit or 3 Unit Maths than to TOP the STATE in IPT.

Yes, this 'scaling' does vary each year... but it is not likely that it would vary much?

I agree with how you said IPT is stupid and boring "only" if I let it be:)
But personally for me... I find it hard to NOT let it be... there's nothing in the course that inspires me at all!!!

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
less than 24 hours to go. i can barely open my textbook i can not be bothered to try study. so i tried coming onto here. -_-

vleung

I guess it all depends on the teacher, because I changed my subject selections from Modern History to IPT (because I liked the teacher--I had her in year 9 & 10 for computing studies) and I'm so so so so glad... Even if it doesn't count towards my UAI, it will still useful to me because I recognise that the world revolves around technology and if you know the least bit more about it than the next person, you're that much better off.

I know that people think that it's a boring subject and that heaps of people drop it at the end of year 11, but if you have that attitude, it will just make it seem even more boring to you. I'm lucky to have a close-knit class--we actually have a lot of fun...and we hardly ever do stuff on the computers. I'll admit that the content can be boring, but the lower amount of stress really helps.

However, I really hope to do really well in IPT or else 4U maths will have to count :( and I don't feel so good about that...

So, if you're in Year 10 considering doing IPT and you do practically nothing in computing studies (and you like it that way)...don't do IPT.

7th Sign

HSC
Ipt is a good subject, probly my best one. People who bludge in it deserve to do bad! In the past for year 12 every day we did work like no stuffing around on the net year 11 a bit of stuffing around but, still did alot of work.

Rickdog

grand member
HSC
lucky im doing 12 units
ipt sucks and is my throwaway subject and i still came 1st

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)