Test and compare your internet speed (2 Viewers)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Testing it again, slightly faster this time. Right now in the Ainsworth Building.
Is that over ethernet cable or wifi? I decided to save money and not upgrade to 2Gbps internet since my wireless AC router and my mobile devices will never get anywhere near said speed or utilise such bandwidth even with my NAS and numerous IP cameras running.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Is that over ethernet cable or wifi? I decided to save money and not upgrade to 2Gbps internet since my wireless AC router and my mobile devices will never get anywhere near said speed or utilise such bandwidth even with my NAS and numerous IP cameras running.
Yo, its tested over Wifi.

this is in the main library
looks like it's time to study in the mechanical building :p
You should definitely try it out. going there to study more often than i initially thought.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC

Really satisfied with my net... But my PC build is really outdated so gaming and streaming is still average for me. Looking to upgrade to an OC Skylake build during the summer break ;)

Mr_Kap

HSC
How come some people have really slow upload?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Really satisfied with my net... But my PC build is really outdated so gaming and streaming is still average for me. Looking to upgrade to an OC Skylake build during the summer break ;)
We have similar broadband speeds - Bigpond Cable Ultimate?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
How come some people have really slow upload?
ISPs in Australia tend to throttle upload speeds from what I've seen.

I don't know how I'll survive when I'm back as I love having a NAS on 24/7 for me to access my data/videos/etc... even right now I'm travelling and streaming TV shows and accessing documents from my NAS whilst backing up my photos remotely.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm in Malaysia and this is what I get on my Surface 3. My iPhone 6 didn't fare much better (but it got a better ping).

(this also confirms that Chrome on my Surface 3 is normally capable of running speedtest with the graphical display of speed when the internet speed is <10Mbps)

Mr_Kap

HSC
I'm in Malaysia and this is what I get on my Surface 3. My iPhone 6 didn't fare much better (but it got a better ping).

(this also confirms that Chrome on my Surface 3 is normally capable of running speedtest with the graphical display of speed when the internet speed is <10Mbps)
You know the internet is bad when you have faster upload than download!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
You know the internet is bad when you have faster upload than download!
I wondered if maybe someone was downloading off the network but every condo in the building has the same ISP... so it's probably sharing some limited bandwidth.

I'm back in my home in Singapore and whilst I'm using an old Macbook which doesn't have wireless AC like my other devices do, the wifi speeds are still decent even if my uploads speed is better than downloads :)

PhysicsMaths

HSC
Optus, approx. 18.6mb/s download and 0.5 mb/s upload.
Apparently, 49% of the Australian population have better net than me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)