Tetris (1 Viewer)

Trogie

HSC
Just wondering if anyone still plays it? more specifically, tetris dx on gameboy

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i pl;ay tetris on my mobile phone when i am bored.

i use to have one of those first portable tetris games. they were awesome

Trogie

HSC
hahahaha that video was crazy. You'll never beat my dx scores for ultra

HSC
I still play a fair bit of Tetris, though on xbox rather than gameboy :) It's a criminal waste of the system's power, but I enjoy playing it anyway, it's great for when you don't feel like sitting around doing absolutely nothing, but don't really feel like concentrating on something either :)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
ogmzergrush said:
I still play a fair bit of Tetris, though on xbox rather than gameboy :) It's a criminal waste of the system's power, but I enjoy playing it anyway, it's great for when you don't feel like sitting around doing absolutely nothing, but don't really feel like concentrating on something either :)

hhaa so true when my dad sees me play old games he is like why the fuck yuo wasting such a powerful machine on this crap.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I play tetris on my tv sometimes when there's nothing on worth watching.
My tv is an LG :)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i go in and out of tetris phases
cos its such an addictive game
at the moment i dont play
but a few months ago i was an addict
i had it on my computer
like all these versions and on a portable tetris game and i would go to sleep and just play tetris in my head and dream about it
haha it got pretty bad ...

jennylim

HSC
OMG tetris is the most addictive game in the whole entire world. we have an ancient gameboy and that's the only game we own. and boy, do we get hooked...even the music insidiously gets its way into your subconscious. i think my record was about 120 lines...

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I remember my uncle used to have another extremely addictive puzzle game "The Incredible Machine". It's where you have to build contraptions that will solve a specific problem. There are over 40 levels for each stages and at the start they'll teach you by going through the tutorial. And a quick search now leads me to downloading TIM4 which obviously has better graphics but all the gadgets and tools from the original game still exists intact. I recommend it to anyone for puzzles. There are hints in all the levels to help you through. I'm on number 5 in medium.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
jennylim said:
OMG tetris is the most addictive game in the whole entire world. we have an ancient gameboy and that's the only game we own. and boy, do we get hooked...even the music insidiously gets its way into your subconscious. i think my record was about 120 lines...
Haha ditto :cool:

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah i still play it at home or at uni.. tnet that is.. heaps fun when everyone plays together

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
i loved tetris. it was so cool.
just because it was only one of the few i could beat my siblings in.
i haven't played in yrs now.

C

CaR

its been years since i've played tetris...i use to play it on my brother's brick sized gameboy and reach to 30K points to see the missles thingo at the end.

HSC
Komaticom said:
Why don't developers put games like Tetris or Pong into their games so when a loading screen pops up there's actually something to do during that time of boredom. Getting permission to use such old and classic games shouldn't be *too* hard.

To my knowledge there's only one game where you play Pong when there's a loading screen, and it's name elludes my memory.
I don't think permission is even an issue, they seem to get around that by making it an exciting revolutionary game called "BlockFit 2005!", which is for all intents and purposes an exact replica of the original. Either that or there are millions of developers just waiting to be sued :)

It'd be a nice change to have something to do during delays. From memory the only game I can think of that did that was the original Broken Sword game letting you play Breakout while the installer ran. These days I'm more likely to go make a cup of tea instead of sitting at the computer waiting anyway, so maybe developers just count on people finding other ways to pass the time :)

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
CaR said:
its been years since i've played tetris...i use to play it on my brother's brick sized gameboy and reach to 30K points to see the missles thingo at the end.
LOL i have those brick sized gameboy.. i still remember playing tetris and mario games :eek:

blackbunny

HSC
Trogie said:
Just wondering if anyone still plays it? more specifically, tetris dx on gameboy

did u know that tetris was originally an old russian classic puzzle game... ^_^

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
Why don't developers put games like Tetris or Pong into their games so when a loading screen pops up there's actually something to do during that time of boredom. Getting permission to use such old and classic games shouldn't be *too* hard.

To my knowledge there's only one game where you play Pong when there's a loading screen, and it's name elludes my memory.

That game rules. I would play it if I still had it.

Using a helium balloon to pull the trigger of a revolver to shoot a cat, or was it a whole row of cats... I forget. Ah the good old days of TIM.

keen 4 allowed yuo to play pong as a mini game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)