text book suggestion (1 Viewer)

haron

HSC
can someone suggest a good text book on this subject for me, the text book that i use not very clear so need another one but I am unsure what text book to buy.

rama_v

HSC
Jacaranda is pretty good but its detailed and a bit technical at times. I really like the "surfing physics" book that my teacher uses, its quite concise but it gives a good overview of the course.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
rama_v said:
Jacaranda is pretty good but its detailed and a bit technical at times. I really like the "surfing physics" book that my teacher uses, its quite concise but it gives a good overview of the course.
Jacaranda is good, because it actually has a syllabus grid, so you can answer the syllabus dot points and know where you or you're class are at. As rama_v mentioned, it is a bit detailed, since they present a bit of context of the topics as well.
The Surfing Physics series in my opinion has the dodgiest questions in terms of exercises (You might want to watch out for typing errors lol), but is good in terms of a "quick" summary.
Excel Physics, although I haven't actually seen the content (although I have had a look at Excel Chemistry which is more or less similar), I've heard that it's okay.
Anyway, that's the textbook types I know of so far.

haron

HSC
Thank for your suggestion. I will try to had a look at those text books.

bEAbEA

HSC
We use the jacaranda as a school textbook. I've also got the excel at home - but it doesn't really cover things is much detail - the opposite of the jacaranda which has way too much detail.
Surfing is good, i like those ones. There are books for every module, the questions are okay, but the explanation is breif. If you can answer those questions, you have a good basic understanding.
Sucess One books are just the past papers with other questions, i haven't got mine yet, still being ordered. Everyone says that they are good too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)