• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Text books (1 Viewer)

shane_86

HSC
Hey when are we suppose to buy text books, do they tell you what text books to buy on orientation day? cos my mates at wollongong uni were told what text books to purchase when they enrolled and have already started buying books. Do u buy the text books at the uni like at wollongong?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You get told which textbooks to buy during the first week of lectures. No use rushing out to buy textbooks worth hundreds of dollars. You can see what textbooks you MIGHT need on the coop website, the link is on the uws website.
And you purchase them at the coop bookshop at your compus that the subjects are taught on.

Jonathan A

HSC
You will find a lot of lecturers actually release their texts on the Co-op site which requires lecturers to submit requests prior to anything being put on the lists. Furthermore you could contact the coordinator and they will tell you what texts they will use.

The coop shop lines can get very big -> Bankstown can be a nightmare.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
shane_86 said:
Hey when are we suppose to buy text books, do they tell you what text books to buy on orientation day? cos my mates at wollongong uni were told what text books to purchase when they enrolled and have already started buying books. Do u buy the text books at the uni like at wollongong?

u hv to pre order textbooks months in advance as they sell out very fast

if u dont do this u will not hv a tetxbook for half of the semester and u will fail

Jacks

HSC
hehe hmmm ignore Malazn Pleasure's sarcasm...:p you'll get told everything you need to know in regards to books during your first lectures/tutes for each subject. You can look up the textbooks you may need now on the coop website, though most of us will suggest you don't as lecturers can change their minds and you don't want to be out of pocket because you've bought a book you didn't have to etc. You'll have plenty of time to get the books you need, so look them up if you want to get a rough idea on prices, but leave the actual buying until what you need is confirmed by your lecturer and tutor. :)

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
i called up the co-op and the lady said b.comm only has course notes this semester... could this change? and how much are course notes? if anything?

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
what are course readers? do you know if there'll be any chance of like... books we have to read etc? might sound stupid, but i just dont know!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Course readers could also mean pages and pages that lecturers scan onto the net and you print them off. Or it could be a huge book of basically printed books that you have to read each week.

Jacks

HSC
yep, course readers are basically a selection of readings/articles put together by lecturers...you'll be assigned selected readings each week and they will cover the topics addressed in lectures....so a course reader is pretty much full of material that is related to your unit, and is useful in conveying the concepts introduced etc. I hope that makes sense but you'll see what I mean when you get them.

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
yep, it kinda makes sense, but i will probably understand it more when i'm actually doing it.
thanks though!!!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)