Text Types for Paper 2 Advanced (1 Viewer)

dolbinau

HSC
AkaiHanabi said:
Based on the feedback we got

weak:
- addressed the text type in a tokenistic manner, interpreting the text type to mean the use of the inclusive "we", a sense of personal voice in the use of personal first person pronoun, or repetition and emphasis as per a more oral delivery of the exposition.
- did not answer question
- did not sustain For OR Against throughout argument
- weak on context/values

Stronger responses:
- Included an implicit/explicit rebuttal of opposing views eg While it may be argued by the negative that ...., however this is not true as ....
- sustained a clear argument through out

So the idea is to write out in the manner you would speak as one speaker in a debate
That is guidelines for a Debate right, not a speech?

Will a speech have personal 'pronouns?'

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
Jezzakar said:
how the hell are you sposed to do an interview? ( i know what it is, im not stupid). but who would you be interviewing. particularly for module a that would be a terrifying prospect- Emma and Clueless. ill just rip up the paper. someone calm me down pretty please
Calm down. Breathe slowly

What you do is, you interview experts on the text. If they ask for different perspectives on the text, interview several experts.

To structure an interview, you have the Host/question asking person/thingy to give an introduction to the topic (ie your introduction worded to sound like you're addressing someone). Then you can either introduce the experts, or say that you interviewed them earlier and this is what they had to say

For the body, each of your questions is an idea. So for for each body paragraph, if you have say three ideas in it,"ask" three questions.

and the conclusion is just you wrapping it up.

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
dolbinau said:
That is guidelines for a Debate right, not a speech?

Will a speech have personal 'pronouns?'
Yeah, that's the one sided debate

For a speech, use a catchy hook line at the beginning like you normally would if you were giving a speech. You can use personal pronouns in a speech, I think even a bit of second person would be ok. And use rhetorical questions etc

Jezzakar

HSC
AkaiHanabi said:
Calm down. Breathe slowly

What you do is, you interview experts on the text. If they ask for different perspectives on the text, interview several experts.

To structure an interview, you have the Host/question asking person/thingy to give an introduction to the topic (ie your introduction worded to sound like you're addressing someone). Then you can either introduce the experts, or say that you interviewed them earlier and this is what they had to say

For the body, each of your questions is an idea. So for for each body paragraph, if you have say three ideas in it,"ask" three questions.

and the conclusion is just you wrapping it up.
Thankyou very much.

HSC
AkaiHanabi said:
Based on the feedback we got

weak:
- addressed the text type in a tokenistic manner, interpreting the text type to mean the use of the inclusive "we", a sense of personal voice in the use of personal first person pronoun, or repetition and emphasis as per a more oral delivery of the exposition.
- did not answer question
- did not sustain For OR Against throughout argument
- weak on context/values

Stronger responses:
- Included an implicit/explicit rebuttal of opposing views eg While it may be argued by the negative that ...., however this is not true as ....
- sustained a clear argument through out

So the idea is to write out in the manner you would speak as one speaker in a debate
wow thanks heaps :)
i never thought a debate would be the text type, and now im not screwed if it is

fozzster22

HSC
smartrosa said:
Kng Lr's ulitamatli a pwr strugle dat
xplors da fragiliti & falibiliti of pplz.
Da txtual integrity ov KL hs allowd it 2
b accessibl 4 pplz atm.
Imo, da otha sistaz r biatches coz wen
da kng tells dem to STFU
dey sey: idc
L8r, KL relizes he hs bin a cok n
ses sori to Cordelia.
lol

lionking1191

HSC
AkaiHanabi said:
Don't worry too much. I'm sure you're well prepared, and you'll do great.
did we get written feedback? i'm SURE i didn't get anything like that :(

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
lionking1191 said:
did we get written feedback? i'm SURE i didn't get anything like that :(
It was on the sheets we got that were stapled in the wrong order. some of it was typed, some was handwritten. do you need a copy?

Justina

HSC
Ok hold on - for a debate do we structure it in a similar was as we would for an interview - ie. a convo between two people with opposing views?

Justina

HSC
liam9519 said:
Someone post the speech question from cssa 2008 pls?
"Texts have the power to move and challenge us."
Compose a speech fora n audience of senior students that argues how this is evident in The Tragedy of King Lear.

liam9519

HSC
Justina said:
"Texts have the power to move and challenge us."
Compose a speech fora n audience of senior students that argues how this is evident in The Tragedy of King Lear.

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
Justina said:
Ok hold on - for a debate do we structure it in a similar was as we would for an interview - ie. a convo between two people with opposing views?
It depends. If the question says "You are the negative/positive side of a debate, argue FOR or AGAINST this statement" you choose one, and speak as one speaker

If it say write the transcript for a debate, then I guess you'd write as two people

lionking1191

HSC
AkaiHanabi said:
It was on the sheets we got that were stapled in the wrong order. some of it was typed, some was handwritten. do you need a copy?
hm i don't think i got a copy. or maybe it's crumpled up in my bag... don't worry about it, i most likely won't be bothered to read through it anyway :mad1:

oh and i never got around to asking you how you went. judging by the way you were jumping up and down it must have been pretty good ey? :D

samwell

HSC
i am thinking we may have a speech/ interview for Emma. That would be good cause it will be easier to write in less than 40 mins. module C is likely to be either a speech/Essay for module B there is a very huge chance its an essay as the past years they have changed it alot. We can get a feature article for module A too. hoping its not a feature article.

Ivich

HSC
Can somebody please explain to me how to write a really good feature article?? Im praying that they dont throw this text type :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)