• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

TextBooks (1 Viewer)

ashleyhazel

aaaashley
HSC
Hey,

Sorry for bothering people with stupid questions, was just wondering if anyone new what textbooks we have to get for pathophysiology and discipline of nursing? (like, edition, author, etc)

The only list i can find is the adult nursing:cardio list inside that booklet thing? and that ones obviously not for the others.

Eh, how bad are 4 hours worth of lectures? lol

thanks guysss

purplemonkey

HSC
If you go on the co-op website and type in 91531 under UTS, the list for patho will come up, the book is "Pathophysiology: Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children" McCance and Huether. Its about $130- I think. We don't ahve a book for DON as far as I know. Hope this helps :)

rivqah

HSC
there is no textbook for the standard component of discipline of nursing, but there is for health care law (which is the 2nd component to the subject).

the textbook is called nursing & the law (staunton and chiarella). however, you don't need this, but it may be useful in the end of semester exams because health care law is an open book exam. having the book is only helpful if you didn't study enough.

Ivich

HSC
while we're on the topic, has anyone bought any of the recommended texts in first year and found them useful and worthwhile buying? E.g. the "student nurse clinical survival guide".

HSC
Wow they still do that assignment for Discipline of nursing :p I suggest you get these books guys, they will def come in handy esp in 3rd yr when we're expecting to know all the stuff hmmm lol

Ivich

HSC
haha maybe you can give us some tips for the assigment :p
are the markers gona be really strict on this first task? or will they allow a little breathing room at first?

rivqah

HSC
it is a fairly straight forward, easy assessment. it is mega boring, but it is a good one because it helps you get used to uni assessments.
but don't worry, they get harder!

rivqah

HSC
Have you bought the sprink wrapped back with 3 books in it? It comes with the Medical Dictionary, Fundamentals of Nursing and Medical Surgical Nursing. For DON we are using the Fundamentals of nursing book, in fact our 1st assignment is based on the 1st chapter. In our subject outline for AN: Cardio it lists these 3 books i think. If you go to the bookshop closest to Central (There are 2 next to each other, go to the smaller one) you should be able to find this book pack. It costs around $350.

For patho, purplemonkey is correct :) You can also find a link to this book pack on the Coop website.
are there only 3 books now?
they got rid of havard's nursing guide to drugs?

purplemonkey

HSC
No the drug guide is till in there! The pack is "Med-Surg Nursing" + "Fund. of Nursing" + "Mosby's Dictionary" + "Havards Guide to Drugs". Tha patho book is sold separate (why I have no idea since they expect us to have that one as well, why not just include it in the pack??)

Ivich

HSC
and what the hell is with co op taking their sweet time to get our textbooks?!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)