• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

textbooks (1 Viewer)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
hey guys , i dont do art myself but im asking for a friend
how many textbooks did u guys have in year 11 or have now?
coz my friend is in year 11 and has 9 chunky textbooks for art and im like dude is this normal?!?!?!?!!?

thanking you!

soso

HSC
N/A
It seems a lot. I had 2 and still got a good mark

Dead_G???_?

"is not where you from its where your at"
we have 2 or 3 in the rooms but get excerpts and black and white pictures of artworks we hav to study to take home. there doesnt seem much point in your friend having 9 txts and besides who wants to carry that many text books around?? it would be back braking

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^ she doesnt have to carry them around normally, they keep them at home for reference and sometimes have to bring a few in if the teacher says ... but yeah still .. i cant get over how ridiculous it is

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i never had any textbooks as such. i found the best "textbooks" were just books about the artist(s) you are currently studying, and a copy of the syllabus to put it all in perspective. if your school has free printing, it'd probably be a good idea to get a copy of the syllabus and either bind it (for a couple of bucks at officeworks etc), or fill up one of those display folders (but then you can't write on the pages)

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
We don't have ANY textbooks. :| Well I suppose my teacher spends a lot of time photocopying from lots of books.. and giving us sheets in one neat package. I wouldn't mind having some books about artworks though, so I could do examples better.

Abraxus

HSC
Hmmm, I came 3rd in the grade for art and had none. I guess they help to some extent, but I get more out of specific artists than textbooks. Our teacher photocopies all the relevant stuff and gives them out and that's it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)