Textbooks (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
sorry jase you can't have my beloved Turner Australian Commercial Law *hugs the heavy tome*~

either way, try www.textbookexchange.com.au

they have a lot of copies and i know many uts students who sell books there.

Ch00

HSC
N/A
jasee said:
If anyone would like to sell their textbook/s for:

- Business Law and Ethics
- Fundamentals of Business Finance and/or
- Business Information Analysis

then I might be willing to buy it off you.

hey ... the only one i might be able to assist with is BLE. What book are they using this semester? I have "Business, Society and The Law" by Turner and Giugni. I'm not sure how much it is selling for these days but I'll throw up the figure of $40.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Ch00 said:
hey ... the only one i might be able to assist with is BLE. What book are they using this semester?
actuallly ch00 they've replaced the book (and amended the course) since the start of the year... atm it's turner's "Australian Commercial Law" 24th edition (with the companion book).

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yes Frigid is correct, same as what I was about to say earlier. Thanks for the offer anyways! I still haven't bought the book for that subject yet, mmmm.

Ch00

HSC
N/A
jasee said:
Yes Frigid is correct, same as what I was about to say earlier. Thanks for the offer anyways! I still haven't bought the book for that subject yet, mmmm.
no worries. good luck with your enthralling foray into "business law and ( very occasionally) ethics". i did hear the final is only 2 hours now - lucky you!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Ch00 said:
no worries. good luck with your enthralling foray into "business law and ( very occasionally) ethics". i did hear the final is only 2 hours now - lucky you!
ch00 my sem1 blethics exam (2hrs) was as long as your old one (3hrs)... so basically everyone fuckedup... i heard noone in the course got greater than a credit. :( boohoo. stupid us been guineapigged by david meltz.

Ch00

HSC
N/A
:( i had another professor when i did it. oh well, just gotta move on and forget about grades...

SandunAAA

HSC
When do we need to buy our texts??

I was just curious, when do we need to buy our text books. Some of my friends going to KG UTS B.Bus got his books from co-ops. For City UTS the the book list is not available.

So how many of you guys have actually bought books.
Me=0 books

monzi

HSC
---

Yes i've bought all my books.

Business Law and Ethics
Marketing Foundations
International Business
Introduction to Corporate Strategy.

I bought them all from the Co-Op book shop.

I start my business major in semester two, because i've transfered into second year business at UTS, but had to redo two core subjects, which I never did at my previous university. Business Law & Ethics and Marketing Foundations.

Should be fun!

But i've already read the subject outline for intro to corporate strategy. I have to do a oral presentation. I DISPISE ORAL PRESENTATIONS! the last time i did one, i talked to fast i don't think they understood a word I said..

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I've bought one accounting textbook so far from the 2nd hand bookshop.

stephies

hey mr eazy i'm doing business too i know the booklist isn't up yet but if you have a look on uts online at least accounting & economics should be listed as courses (maybe marketing as well, not sure cos i'm not doing it this semester). anyway, both of these have the current subject outlines already up. if you look through these it tells you which textbook to get. its the same as what is listed for kuringgai so i imagine its the same for all of them. anyway, knowing these two might help getting them 2nd hand. i've already picked up the eco one 'eco principles' from the sa 2nd hand bookshop - it was in perfect condition - and im getting the accounting one through textbookexchange.com.au and i'm saving 50/60 bucks too.
thought that might help :)

monzi

HSC
Books

Well they would of been $410.50 or something like that but im a Co-op member so I get a 10% discount of every book I purchase. With the $20 membership fee i spent $395.60 something like that. Books are so expensive and this is only first semester.

T

timbk2

i've only ever bought one book for accounting.
$50 second hand..

SandunAAA

HSC
Today i bought books for Economics, Accounting, B.Law & Ethics

In the end i think it would cost me between $400-500. Couldn't find any books at the 2nd hand book shop.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
aaaahhh $400-500 in a day , i doubt i will be able to do this , guess ill pick em up on the weekend

also are there any discounts for uts students from teh co-op bookshop ? or do u ahve to become a member?

Ch00

HSC
N/A
Seraph said:
aaaahhh $400-500 in a day , i doubt i will be able to do this , guess ill pick em up on the weekend

also are there any discounts for uts students from teh co-op bookshop ? or do u ahve to become a member?
There are no discounts offered for being a UTS student. There is a 10% discount for members. It is highly advisable to join if you are going to spend those sums of cash: membership costs $25 and had you been a member you would have saved $40-$50.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
i went to texts in the city

thaey havent got the books yet, so i just put my name and ph. no. down

i think it was 80$ or 88$ for that commercial law stuff but without the companion book
they havent got it - so ill read that in the library- coz we only need about 4 chapters of it

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
use yuor friends Discount card if u are gonna buy books from the coop shop. If your friends dont have a card, all chip in and get one card for all of yuo guys and then use it to get the books. if u dont have friends, ask a random who just bought books if u can uickly use it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)