Textbooks (1 Viewer)

berghousemaa

HSC
Should we have our textbooks now or what? Where do I find out what books i'll be using and how do I get them?

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
u don't need to get the bks now.....u can get them when uni starts .....n dats when the lecturers say which tb's to use.....but if ur still interested , check out the co-op bookshop website to c which tb's u will use for ur unit of study, n u can go n buy those bks if u want ! :)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
we wont know our textbook list til probably the week before o-week or the week OF o-week. You can find them here: http://www.coop-bookshop.com.au (Then click of Text Lists to find USYD's list...but it isnt up yet). You can also ring the Bookshop.

Um...if u look through the handbooks at ur subjects, some of them tell you which books you need to buy. But it's probably best that you wait til the ful list comes out so u can purchase it at the Co-Op Book shop;

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
elizabethy said:
u don't need to get the bks now.....u can get them when uni starts .....n dats when the lecturers say which tb's to use.....but if ur still interested , check out the co-op bookshop website to c which tb's u will use for ur unit of study, n u can go n buy those bks if u want ! :)
even then, we dont have to buy EVERY SINGLE book that the lecturer identifies do we?

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
but u will need atleast 1 bk for every unit n mostly lecturers specify 1 bk only....sometimes 2 maybe

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ohh ok :) so approximately 4 books. How much do you think that would amount to? I know books vary hugely in prices but can you ballpark a figure for the 1st 4 units of 1st Semester?

say 2 from the comm faculty and 2 from the arts faculty?

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
depends on which bk ur buyin....like some bks cost 30 ( thin bks like the practise set for acct 1a or the vba bk for infs) , some 50, some 70 , some even 100 or more.....so it depends! wait for a few days n i think the co-op website shud hv the sydney uni list up !:)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yep ok. thank you =)

I guess i should set aside about $400 at maximum I guess...sigh, this is costly lol

berghousemaa

HSC
melbournian said:
Only get required, not recommended

remember, if ur at pauls your only like 2 mins walk from the library and u can grab them from special reserve.
Well allright!!

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Sarah168 said:
yep ok. thank you =)

I guess i should set aside about $400 at maximum I guess...sigh, this is costly lol

yeh, uni bks r very expensive.... :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)