Textbooks (1 Viewer)

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
I start uni on Monday and i still haven't bought any textbooks yet.

I bought 8 exercise books on Friday (2 for each unit) and pens, but thats about it. Would they tell us at the first lecture or tutorial when and what books to buy for the unit?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Thats alot of exercise books. Thats what I used over two semesters - but it also depends on how you work. Anyway, the lecturer on your first lecture of each subject will tell you what textbooks you need to buy. They will give you a couple of weeks to buy them.

Chang

HSC
good thinking Rayanaldo, i forgot i needed pens and books for uni. Guess ill get some tommorrow morning

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Cape said:
Thats alot of exercise books. Thats what I used over two semesters - but it also depends on how you work. Anyway, the lecturer on your first lecture of each subject will tell you what textbooks you need to buy. They will give you a couple of weeks to buy them.
What if u have a tutorial b4 a the first lecture, like i belivie i do

Jacks

HSC
Some tutorials first week, before the lecture won't happen...but this depends on the subject...so I'd turn up just to make sure. If the tutorial does happen then they will tell you what you need to buy in the tutorial. They will give you a unit outline, go through the expectations of the course, all that sort of thing. In most subjects, but again this depends, the first tutorial is just introductory where you find out what will be happening in that class for the rest of the semester. The tutor may get you to intoduce yourself to the rest of the class and things like that...especially if your tutorial is before the lecture. Either way everything will be explained to you in the first class that you have, whether it be lecture or tutorial.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Jacks said:
Some tutorials first week, before the lecture won't happen...but this depends on the subject...so I'd turn up just to make sure. If the tutorial does happen then they will tell you what you need to buy in the tutorial. They will give you a unit outline, go through the expectations of the course, all that sort of thing. In most subjects, but again this depends, the first tutorial is just introductory where you find out what will be happening in that class for the rest of the semester. The tutor may get you to intoduce yourself to the rest of the class and things like that...especially if your tutorial is before the lecture. Either way everything will be explained to you in the first class that you have, whether it be lecture or tutorial.
Oh, ok cool, my first uni tutorial/lecture is Microeconomics tutorial

KOfGHS

HSC
N/A
What if you have a prac before a lecture...u cant really do lab work?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Generally the first lab is an introduction to the subject - they will explain what you need to buy, ie labcoats and what you will be doing in the pracs as well.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Just take pens and papers - I don't think that they would have expected you to buy a lab coat yet. They will just explain everything during the first week as well as you probably start some work.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Dumdida said:
im doing integrated approaches 2 sustainabiility, duz n e 1 know if this does this have a textbook or not ??
Yes it does :p Its actually a very good guide to researching, writing assignments etc. Its on the coop website, which is on the UWS current students homepage.

Sasky

HSC
hey i had 2 lectures out of 4 today, and both asked to buy a Unit Reader. Does this contain the readings, or do we also have to buy the readings recommended in it? Sorry never seen one before.
They didnt mention text books. What the? Does that mean no text books? :eek:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The unit reader is a whole pile of readings binded into a book. You can buy them from the bookshop. If they didn't mention any textbooks - then theres no textbooks :p

Sasky

HSC
Cape said:
The unit reader is a whole pile of readings binded into a book. You can buy them from the bookshop. If they didn't mention any textbooks - then theres no textbooks :p
rite. Thanks. repped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)