Textiles 2007 (1 Viewer)

naughtymanolo

HSC
for distribution channels, i wasnt sure if they wanted a good avenue to promote or sell, so i put the net becuase you do both simultaniously, and its free.

p.s. for the renewable one, i swear soemone told me that interfacing has treated tyres in it somewhere, i wrote that very skeptical, but i couldnt remeber the word Ecospun, even though i knew what it was! So was i right? lol. an anttempt is better thna nothign right?

HSC
naughtymanolo said:
for distribution channels, i wasnt sure if they wanted a good avenue to promote or sell, so i put the net becuase you do both simultaniously, and its free.

p.s. for the renewable one, i swear soemone told me that interfacing has treated tyres in it somewhere, i wrote that very skeptical, but i couldnt remeber the word Ecospun, even though i knew what it was! So was i right? lol. an anttempt is better thna nothign right?
See, I thought the quickest, most accurate would be Digital, not too sure about cost effective, but if you're going to make 500, I don't think any of the other options would be quick, albeit accurate.
Bad question I thought that was.

Oh, I think it was quite a fair test.

LMAO bec111. I actually did. I'm like, what? And I read it over a few times. I could swear we were being tricked.

Upon running into our running teachr running to find us, we asked her about the distribution channels, and she said like places you can buy, such as order catalouges. LOL. I put the net too! Yay to net! LOL. That's apparently passable.
I remember about hearing about tyres and something. I'm not sure if it's right. What did you actually write?
Is EcoSpun even right? I remember reading about it and recycled materials. So I just wrote EcoSpun products such as pants and T-shirts.

bloomers

HSC
so um guys?

isnt bedsheets made out of linen? as in flax/linen? its the same as cotton but more durable. you know, like LINEN CLOSET?
i dont know thats just what popped into my head. i find im pretty good with those kind of questions. but yeah, im sure 100% cotton would also pass because of sheets made from egyptian cotton. but cotton/polyester wouldnt be suitable i think.. if there was a fire the polyester content would melt and be harmful to people like lying in bed.. you know? plus its hydrophilic and kids wet the bed. anyway thats my two cents

also with the logo/banner one, weve done that kind of question heaps in class and it always turns out to be screen printing cause its cheap easy etc, but i put digital printing cause if you had a 6-coloured logo youd have to change screens like 6 times. chatness. what do you think?
plus its defs not roller printing because roller makes a consistent pattern, you keep rolling it over fabric and it repeats and repeats.. so it wouldnt be suitable for a single logo. y'know?

sorry. i got a bit carried away.

naughtymanolo

HSC
bloomers i dont think linnen is wrong, but wouldn't cotton make more sense since linnen is very prone to pilling?

HSC
bloomers said:
so um guys?

isnt bedsheets made out of linen? as in flax/linen? its the same as cotton but more durable. you know, like LINEN CLOSET?
i dont know thats just what popped into my head. i find im pretty good with those kind of questions. but yeah, im sure 100% cotton would also pass because of sheets made from egyptian cotton. but cotton/polyester wouldnt be suitable i think.. if there was a fire the polyester content would melt and be harmful to people like lying in bed.. you know? plus its hydrophilic and kids wet the bed. anyway thats my two cents

also with the logo/banner one, weve done that kind of question heaps in class and it always turns out to be screen printing cause its cheap easy etc, but i put digital printing cause if you had a 6-coloured logo youd have to change screens like 6 times. chatness. what do you think?
plus its defs not roller printing because roller makes a consistent pattern, you keep rolling it over fabric and it repeats and repeats.. so it wouldnt be suitable for a single logo. y'know?

sorry. i got a bit carried away.
Just a few of my cents.

Cotton/Polyester blends make up the majority of all bed sheets. Cotton being the comfortable, absorbant, easy care factor, and the polyester reducing the crinkles/creases, making it more presentable, also making the fabric stronger.
The majority is definatley cotton though.
We had this question as a practice once and our teacher told us that.
Oh, also, I don't think linen is wrong either. You'd get the marks I say.

With the printing logo question, I do remember about the screen printing being right in other questions, but I considered the 6 coloured, shaped pattern, and the changing of the screens. Also, screen printing isn't very accurate with the printing, as well as placement. Roller printing I thought would be quite costly to create the roller, and most of all, with roller printing, they only take one colour at a time, so 6 different rollers would have to be made to accomodate for the 6 shapes. Definatley not roller.
And, as such, roller printing can be calibrated to create a single logo; the spacing would allow for such a print.

LOL. End of my two cents.

katherineham

HSC
my m/c answers
1-a
2-b
3-c
4-c
5-d
6-d
7-a
8-d
9-b
10-a

same as the other 2 ppl...hope we all get full marks!!!!!

for distribution channel i put two stage channel ie) manufacturer to warehouse to retailer to consumer...duno whether thats right but!

overall was pretty good

heaps shitty but cuz i found out the text book had come out when i came home from the exam n was lookin at the textiles forums...lollolol...pretty sure no1 would have needed it though seein as the exam was pretty easy!

HSC
katherineham said:
my m/c answers
1-a
2-b
3-c
4-c
5-d
6-d
7-a
8-d
9-b
10-a

for distribution channel i put two stage channel ie) manufacturer to warehouse to retailer to consumer...duno whether thats right but!

overall was pretty good

heaps shitty but cuz i found out the text book had come out when i came home from the exam n was lookin at the textiles forums...lollolol...pretty sure no1 would have needed it though seein as the exam was pretty easy!
YAY! So that's the 3/3 with the same! I hope we get full marks too!

christine*

HSC
Boy am I lucky I studied a few historical developments! Otherwise I would've been downright screwed... seriously I only learnt them that morning, very lucky I was haha

And also very happy that I knew the principles of dyeing! I remembered it all, I could visualise my notes in my head, it was rather good!

One exam left. I can't believe it!!!

good luck to all for the rest of the hsc :)

tc xo

Tan.

HSC
katherineham said:
my m/c answers
1-a
2-b
3-c
4-c
5-d
6-d
7-a
8-d
9-b
10-a

overall was pretty good

1- A
2-B
3-C
4-C
5-D
6-D
7-A
8-C/D...that was the only one i didn mark on my paper.
9-B
10-A

so by the looks i think i mayve got 9/10...cant memba wat i put for 8...mayve been 'D'...
ive neva been that good wit the fibre, yarn, fabric....altho i learnt an innovation of each of those in detail and a finish coz my teacher said we needed to kno at least 2 & there wasn even one question on it :( ...well thats the way it goes...

did evry one put ecospun for the recycled product? coz i culdn rememba that (i knew it tho..) i put interior applications, coz i thik thats one 2...

i was pretty happy with the rest of it tho so thats good.
well good luck 2 evryone!
xo

Last edited:

naughtymanolo

HSC
Tan. said:
1- A
2-B
3-C
4-C
5-D
6-D
7-A
8-C/D...that was the only one i didn mark on my paper.
9-B
10-A

so by the looks i think i mayve got 9/10...cant memba wat i put for 8...mayve been 'D'...
ive neva been that good wit the fibre, yarn, fabric....altho i learnt an innovation of each of those in detail and a finish coz my teacher said we needed to kno at least 2 & there wasn even one question on it :( ...well thats the way it goes...

did evry one put ecospun for the recycled product? coz i culdn rememba that (i knew it tho..) i put interior applications, coz i thik thats one 2...

i was pretty happy with the rest of it tho so thats good.
well good luck 2 evryone!
xo
Do offence but out of curiosity why did you choose nto to answer the question? wouldnt it just have been better to guess with the chance that it was right? and if it were wrong, well your not worse off. I guess everythign is much mroe intense in exams and we sometimes go against otu better judgement i.e. picking q14 instead of q15 like me lol.

naughtymanolo

HSC
I guess i got 9/10 for multiple choice (or 10 if roller printign was right, but i doubt it) either way im supper happy with that result. is the extended respose that will pull me down for sure.

naughtymanolo

HSC
oh yes, i glanced at the extention forum and most peopel were happy, i for one was not. Our elective was Crime Fiction

beveritt

HSC
man i loved that exam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
seriously gotta hav been the easiest iv ever done! i seriiuosly was smiling the whole way thru!!

um i put screen printing.. thought digital too expensive?
annd the culture stuff, japan woohoo easy
distribution channels: 1- straight from manufacturer to consumer (as in homemade products)
dyeing was sweet, learnt that off by heart, lol.
and did computer/machine embroidery for the decoration. god that was a bitch having to describe the process lol. i was like "thread up machine" "press start". haha.
oh, and Polartec fabric, made out of recycled glass.

and then Q15 just blabbed on about CAD, CAM, robotics, new printing techniques etc and how theyr good/bad for consumer, manufacturer, employee, environment etc. prob shulda wrote more how they changed the industry but pfft. im happy :D

yayayay!!

keelyq

HSC
hey guys
well well mixed opinions a
im feelin confident less so after goin through your thoughts
i found multiple choice fairly easy nd the section 2 part not bad to get through
i missed one principle of dyein damn it
ditribution channels is half half call on here so i said department stores but then i heard they would probs b lookin 4 manufacturer 2 retalier 2 consumer or sumthin
the rest i feel fine about
woooo last question it was so broad it made it hard to do
i choose question 14 which seems a lil under done
i hate props nd perform sooo def didnt do that even though it was bout tech nd i knew it
wish they had done designers could have aced that wit my galliano knowledge
sooooo who thinks they gunna b first in the state
i know u r on here lol

Adelya

HSC
Genre- Crime Fiction
easy topic really.. I quite enjoyed it. The exam question was kind of difficult... for me anyway, others seemed to find it ok.
My creative wasn't the greatest either... In other words I just couldn't really be stuffed...
My internal mark was good though, so hopefully i'll still end up with an ok mark... hopefullyyyyy haha
What did you do?

bethrealistic

HSC
Hey, also, what ARE the principles of dyeing? Like I learned about dyeing as in the process, so I just wrote down the processes you go through with some key words like "immersion" and "agitation" underlined. What are the actual names of the principles...?

HSC
Ahh, naughtymanolo, I think Tan. means that they don't remember what they put for that question, because they didn't mark it in the question booklet.

Well, beveritt, that's really good! I wish I felt the same!

Tan.

HSC
naughtymanolo said:
Do offence but out of curiosity why did you choose nto to answer the question? wouldnt it just have been better to guess with the chance that it was right? and if it were wrong, well your not worse off. I guess everythign is much mroe intense in exams and we sometimes go against otu better judgement i.e. picking q14 instead of q15 like me lol.
i answered it..i jus cant rememba which anwer i put down, & i didn mark it on the question sheet that i took out of the exam.
but yeh exams do cause you to make not so good decisions.

Adelya

HSC
I put screen printing for M/C 9. My teacher seemed to think it was screen printing too... but then again, shes not the best textiles teacher :) I just thought that screen printing is the most common of all printing, you can use rotary screen printing which turns around continuously with different screens and thus different colours, which is very fast, continuous and most cost-effective especially for the requirements it asked for.
My teacher said she wasnt sure about question 10 being a. though.... I thought it was a and all you guys seem to have put a. so she is probably wrong lol.

Recycling question i put plastic bottles and then said ecospun uses them to make fleecy jumpers
For the distribution channels one i put
Producer---> wholesaler ---> retailer ---> consumer
which is what the text book said, so could be right... not sure if its correct for a new textile product or not... oh well
culture question was easy- Japan
Dyeing principles was simple
Bed sheets i said 100% cotton for breathability, absorbency and strength etc. and plain weave
Thermal underwear i said because wool was insulating, absorbent, etc... made up some rubbish so probably wont get all 3 marks
For the decoration one i used digital heat image transfers which was fairly simple
and i did the question on properties and performance using cad, cam, computerised cutting, computer-linked sewing machine and how they have made the industry more productive, influences on consumer and manufacturer, loss of jobs, multi-skilled workforce because of new machines, environmental impacts etc. etc. blabbered on for a bit but i seemed to have put everything i knew down so hopefully ill get ok marks

Overall the easiest textiles exam ive ever done, was very happy :)
(considering i had ex english in the morning.... we shall not talk about that exam... eek)

HSC
LMAO. Yes. We shall not talk about the Ext. exam.
What elective do you do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)