• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

texts for my rtf for imaginative journeys (1 Viewer)

Lil Clutch

HSC
hey, i have to do an rtf (related text folio) over the holidays, and it requires me to analyse 4 texts related to the AOS...in the stiumulus booklet theres a list of suggested texts, ie. the matrix, the lion the witch and the wardrobe, alice in wonderland,...you know therea alot of texts. however, i was wondering if theres any texts that you might want to share- that arent that ordinary. i mean from my class, most of them are going to do Alice in Wonderland, etc. and i was wondering if it was better to do something that not everyone knows about. as you all know, we have to know one of our selected texts and use it in essays and our HSC! so is it better to go with those popular texts, if not...what sort of texts should i be looking at and analysing! help appreciated.
thankyou :) :)

*sarah*

HSC
I was always told that you wont get penalised for doing a popular text, but the examiners will be more impressed if you find something different. I personally avoided really popular texts like alice in wonderland, cause i didnt feel comfortable doing something that nearly half my grade was doing. Having said that for maybe half my related texts there was at least 1 other person using it, and my english marks were still good. Try looking in the newspaper for cartoons or articles plus text ideas look at this thread: http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=22164

Tall_gal

The matrix and suggested texts are on the HSC list. This means you CANNOT use them as related material in your HSC examinations next year. It would be more useful if ur rtf contained material that you will be able to use in the actual examination. I am speaking from experience. I just finished a similar assessment task at my school and some ppl r worrying that they have to go to the bother of finding further texts later. Lessen your work load, check the BOS official website, find out whats on the list then find your material. Its best to use a variety of media e.g. newspaper, lyric, advertisement, movie, poem etc. My personal favourite related text is a dark poem by Emily Dickinson. I wont tell you which one , because there are a few that make great texts. :) Advertisements are rexcellent cos u can bullshit on how they take a viewer onto an imag journey to entice them to purchase a product.etcetc

Lil Clutch

HSC
ha sweet- ive been told to do an advertisement before! thanks guys. i am the sort of person to go out of my way and find different texts, i just want to be different! and from experience, its given me better marks. just got stuck on this rtf. 4 texts for the holidays! and my chem assessment. i wont complain but it is frustrating aye? hehe. well thanks. :eek:

Mm_cookies

Banned
HSC
be careful, because ive said this before and i'll say it 100 times!
teacers are humans if they have to read about the same text two hundred times they will get picky. and with luck you'll probably end up on the bottom of the pile!
pick something less used but not to hard to find help on! alice in wonderland is done by every 2nd person

Lil Clutch

HSC
ok ive got a film, book, and two poems-cept im only going to pick one of the poems. which one is better to use as my supp text- william wordsworth "daffodils" or "La Belle Dame sans merci"- John Keats. if anyone is doing these texts, or has notes on them or any suggestions/discussion-can u please help me! thankyou. also, for my fourth text i was thinking a visual-where can i find good ones? thanks!

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
negin, i assume?
Do the japanese anime movie 'spirited away' or a picture book that you know from your childhood...usually such picture books are embedded into ur memory, so easy to remember quotes etc.
Also, look up some old arthurian pictures on google images or whatever....if you can get something to do with a knight and a dragon, that is easy to analyse because you base your analysis on archaetypes etc.

Lil Clutch

HSC
lol. yeh its negin-no secret everyone knows my nickname aye. dont ask about its origin though! long story. who r u? thanks for the tips! good points.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
hehehe, y cant we all talk about ur username's origins negs, lol, ill answer 4 demosthenes, he is robbie, but i wont say how i first found out that was him, lol, anyway, gud luck in ur rtf, i did mine but then my computer decided 2 explode now didnt it, so fuken pissed off,

-dawso

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)