Texts relating to Identity (1 Viewer)

Rage_Quitter

HSC
Ah Hi guys.

At school, our whole grade is having an assignment where we have to produce a speech that contained 3 texts relating to Identity.

Core text: Wild Cat Falling
Related Text 1: Ode to a Nightingale or A Pair of Silk Stockings
Related Text 2: ?

So, for every individual out there, can you suggest me a text that I can use to show Identity? I don't mind if the list goes forever and ever. It means that I can have a larger variety of texts to choose from.

Umm, Anything from Picture Books to Novels would be great. As my teacher suggested, I don't think songs and poems are that much of a good choice.

Rage_Quitter

HSC
Is that a Picture Book? And is The Lost Thing by Shaun Tan a good text to use to Identity?

As for Catcher in the Rye, I read in the previous thread that this text is used for relationships. What is this text about?

Note for the my original question: Since I'm using two texts that have very similiar mediums, can you guys suggest me something relating to the visual?

luvtads

HSC
Is that a Picture Book? And is The Lost Thing by Shaun Tan a good text to use to Identity?

As for Catcher in the Rye, I read in the previous thread that this text is used for relationships. What is this text about?

Note for the my original question: Since I'm using two texts that have very similiar mediums, can you guys suggest me something relating to the visual?
Its a novel about themes of teenage confusion, angst, alienation, and rebellion. Its quite good for identity, imo.
Sorry im not really into visuals, but you could do Mean Girls or ask google.

Rage_Quitter

HSC
Lols, I suggested it to my friend. Considering that I can't use a literal text, why don't I make good use of it?

And as for your suggestion, Mean Girls? Hmm, I didn't really think of it as I'm not that into those stuff, but yeah, I'll go for Google again.

If you can think of any, please tell me. I've tried 'The Lost Thing', but my local library didn't have it. And I'm trying 'Home And Away', but I haven't got it yet ^^

Rage_Quitter

HSC
Go Ask Alice.
If that is a command, then who is Alice?

If that is a book, I'll check it up tomorrow in the library. It will be interesting to see who the intended audience is for. I hope it's a book like Shaun Tan's, which focuses on the adolescents and adulthood people.

NewiJapper

HSC
Personally I find Shaun Tan's works to be extreme boring and dull. Catcher in the Rye is a great book, or if you are looking for a movie you could look at "Hating Alison Ashley". I think mean girls is to comedic to be used as a serious ORM.

Rage_Quitter

HSC
Hmm..

Why do you find them boring? Lols, you have matureed too much to appreciate the works of pictures. Good man.
And for Hating Alison Ashley? Hmm... Difficult choice for me as I become overly distracted with movies. But I guess I'm willing to try, Lols.

Due next week and I haven't even picked a text yet.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
If that is a command, then who is Alice?

If that is a book, I'll check it up tomorrow in the library. It will be interesting to see who the intended audience is for. I hope it's a book like Shaun Tan's, which focuses on the adolescents and adulthood people.
Sorry, I can see how it looked like a command. Misconception, and yes it is a book.

Rage_Quitter

HSC
Can someone suggest anymore?

Since I'm desperate, I'm including movies as well. So any visual text would be great. Thank you.

Rage_Quitter

HSC
Umm for "Go Ask Alice", sorry, but it wasn't going to work.

I need a visual text. For "Go Ask Alice", it doesn't work cause it is literal-based.
Sorry.

Rage_Quitter

HSC
Oh, and as a film, hmm I'll give it try!

And is it possible if people PM the texts? Thanks, that would be very greatful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)