Texts showing Comedy of Manners? (1 Viewer)

guitarherosucks

HSC
N/A
Hi,

Ive got an assignment that involves finding 1 text that highlights aspects of Comedy of Manners (e.g. ridiculing social classes etc.). Does anyone have any ideas or texts you know of?

I'd prefer a shorter form of text (e.g. poem etc.) if possible, but I'd be happy with any other suggestions as well. Time period doesn't bother me, modern would be preferred but not essential.

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Importance of Being Ernest - Oscar Wilde; was the first one that came to my mind. Also, most of the comedies by Moliere fit into this category.

guitarherosucks

HSC
N/A
Thanks for that, I'm already doing Importance of Being Ernest later on so can't do that, but I'll check out Molière, thanks a lot for that.

I'm also considering maybe doing something by Noel Coward, maybe Pomp and Circumstance or a poem. Do you reckon that'd be a decent choice?

Thanks

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Coward would probably be alright. Pygmalion by George Benard Shaw or its adaptation 'My Fair Lady' would be alright as well.

guitarherosucks

HSC
N/A
Thanks a lot for these responses, it's been really helpful... I'll check them out....

Thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)