Textual Dynamics (1 Viewer)

strangevege

HSC
Wow, this thread is kind of old.

I was hoping there would be some related text lists or something, as i am having a hard time trying to find a good one!
My texts are (like everyone elses) FLW, Orlando and If on a winters night a traveller, although for this essay i am doing i just need to compare and relate FLW and Orlando as well as a related text.

Which is kind of where my need for a related text stems from.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Tess of the D'Urbervilles maybe? No idea. I do know there is slight authorial commenting from him in the book, as I'm reading it. Not sure if it'll hold up in the exam though.

meggo-meggo

HSC
gabgab:
there doesnt seem to be anyone else doing this module...

i feel all like, alienated and alone!! not belonging and stuff.
hahaha
YAYY!! it appears that more than 4 people in the state are actually doing this module!

We're studying Orlando, If On a Winter's Night a Traveller and French Lieutenant's Woman. Our first assessment was a tutorial, on two of the prescribed texts.. it went quite well. The exam seems a bit freaky..

Our teacher has taught previously the module thing that this used to be - "postmodernism" so she has loooots of stuff on postmodernism with the prescribed texts. which is quite good. a bit daunting though, this module seems so much more difficult than something like crime fiction, which it seems is what everybody else is studying! :uhoh:

fieldingsmitha

HSC
Hey, We're doing Textual Dynamics at my school as well. We've finished orlando and FLW and starting Calvino tomorrow. any tips for Calvino? We've done a few essays on FLW and orlando + related.

How're you guys finding it? theres nothing on this topic since it used to be the postmodern section.

Lonely Shadow

HSC
As with everyone else, I, too, am doing the ubiquitous FLW, Orlando, and Calvino.
I really, really dislike FLW, but I loved Calvino.

I've got to do a speech in roughly two days explaining the "most important ideas in textual dynamics" relating to a prescribed text and a related text.

For the related text I'm doing Yann Martel's Life of Pi, and the core text will most likely be FLW (it's the only one we've really analysed)... but I have no idea how I'm going to do it. Any ideas anyone?

strangevege

HSC
Hey, We're doing Textual Dynamics at my school as well. We've finished orlando and FLW and starting Calvino tomorrow. any tips for Calvino? We've done a few essays on FLW and orlando + related.

How're you guys finding it? theres nothing on this topic since it used to be the postmodern section.
Funny that! I just started Calvino as well! :p

Salpal92

HSC
After doing 2 essay based assessments on this module, the analysis of the texts seems pretty okay. But i just started my creative thingo for the trial exam ...wtffffffff i am so lost..is there like a formula to writing these creativeS? atm im starting off as just writing like a simple short story of about 1000 words then adding quotes from theorists and stuff..it'll take ages at this rate ADVICE.!

and which other schools do this module, does anyone noe? i heard hghs, plc, ruse, baulkho, sydney girls..?

fieldingsmitha

HSC
After doing 2 essay based assessments on this module, the analysis of the texts seems pretty okay. But i just started my creative thingo for the trial exam ...wtffffffff i am so lost..is there like a formula to writing these creativeS? atm im starting off as just writing like a simple short story of about 1000 words then adding quotes from theorists and stuff..it'll take ages at this rate ADVICE.!

and which other schools do this module, does anyone noe? i heard hghs, plc, ruse, baulkho, sydney girls..?
OMG our creative for the trial was absolute crap, Compose an imaginative narrative which demostrates your mastery of the ideas and techniques used to create 'textual dynamics'. In your composition you may consider the appropiateness of utilising some of the following: metafiction, authorial intrusion, intertextuality, self-reflexivity, irony, subversion, playfulness, binary opposition, appropriation, pastiche and parody. What he did say though was DO NOT write and beg the teacher for good marks "teacher please be kind" they do not like it, people do it in the HSC and don't go well. If you're the type who needs to have something pre-prepaired, make up some characters. If you can write on the spot, refer to your texts through it. Have some Fowles moments where you go on a tangent about something you've just written, talk to the reader like Calvino [talk to strangevege she's written like that]. have flashbacks for and Orlando theme and refer to your related or anything that goes with the story. I had a Doctor Who reference in mine. Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)