That government grant if you earn $18000 - sorry! (1 Viewer)

Propadanda

HSC
N/A
Hi, sorry to be posting this, I'm sure there is a thread somewhere about it but I didn't know where to look, I already checked the sticky on the financial aspects of Uni etc, so this was my next best option.

I have heard that there is a government grant awarded to people studying at Uni of like $150-$200 a week or something, if they earn $18000 or something like that in a gap year, is that right?!

If there is a scheme like that at all, can someone PLEASE tell me how I go about applying for it, where I send my pay slips/tax shit blah blah. If anyone knows anything pleaasseee helppp.

Oh and I don't mind if someone wants to "pwn" the n00b, I just need the answer!

THANKS!

Propadanda

HSC
N/A
Ahh I went there before I posted this thread but couldn't find the right thing, I'll just look harder though.

Sorrryyy for posting and asking but I'm really confused and stressed about what to do. All I can find (that sounds like what I'm talking about) is that Youth Allowance is granted for someone who has worked full time for 18 months in the last 2 years. That obviously won't be possible because I'm heading off to uni next year, so is there an actual monetary level which you can earn to qualify? And do I need to apply somewhere!?!? Or do I just claim it when I get there next year.

I know these threads piss people off but I'm stressing major, can someone at least just tell me this - do you have to apply online and then submit information straight away (ie. will I need to do something to set up my qualification in the next few days?!) or do you wait until I get to this time next year and then claim it?

If anyone can answer I will literally perform favours for you. No joke.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

Last edited:

Propadanda

HSC
N/A
Oh my God! Don't apologise! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I love you.

So do I just have to collect my pay slips showing that I have been paid a certain amount?

It helped so much, I wish there was some way to thank you, that makes me feel much less stressed. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)