thats unpossible.. but what if? (1 Viewer)

HSC
ok basically im lazy and my rankings suck, because i goto a selective school where everybody is smart and im like.. stupid. but according to my plan of world domination i plan to get 100% in all my external exams. now as u can obviously see, this is impossible, but i am god. so if one managed to get 100% would one's rankings still be able to bring them down or would their external mark be too kickass to stop them from taking over the world?

if i dont get a uai above 80 ill take over the world using plan 2 :ninja:

HSC
i want to eat some steak. seriously.. its that craving again. i love to kill innocent animals and cook them over a fire so i can watch their fat sizzle, knowing seconds later it will be dripping down my throat.

mmm..

what, did you just think what i sed was totally random? i can read your mind. careful now buddy.

and yes, the question assumed that the what if became reality.

Cpt obvious

HSC
yeah i was wondering that to, I come below average for my assesments due to lazyness, but i come in the top 5 for tests, so will my good external mark make up for my crap school mark

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
The School assessment and HSC exam is equally weighted.

So generally you shouldn't expect that doing well in one will balance the other. Though, if you do well in the HSC exam, I'm sure your assessment won't be that that that that bad enough that you will get a really bad UAI. So in short, try your best, perhaps you really aren't doing as bad as you really think, rather you are comparing yourself to a smarter class giving the impression that you aren't doing well.

Personally, I suggest you just take over the world. Who needs school when you got the world?

HSC
well my rankings are slightly below average, they are in the top 70%. in the past, in my school 60% have gotten above 90, at least in the past few years. so seeing as how im not in that, and unless my trials get me there, i still am hoping for a uai of around 85.

as for taking over the world, getting a decent uai was part of the masterplan. well i have alternatives but they are lets just say, a little violent.

whichever way though, i shall be surrounded with pretty women from the wealthier european countries, and also some from brazil, and a few asians. i love chinese food. i also want circus monkeys to entertain me as i feast on that chinese food, i love monkeys of that variety..

Raginsheep

HSC
Chances are you'll probably get busted for cheating anywayz.

lala2

Banned
HSC
meh, taking over the world is much more fun....mwahahaha.....anyway, back to the question. I am a prime example of that phenomenon :rolleyes: I reckon.

Moderated assessment mark for Chemistry--81 (stupidly shit rank--something like 26 out of 50 where only the top 5 people are actually any good with the rest being either crap or not good enough, hence the 'you pull me up instead' attitude), with external exam mark of 92.

If that isn't big enough, I dunno what is. So depends really, on how shit your rank is, and how world-dominating your external mark is (which any 100% would be). And also depends what subject it is, and its scaling. For something like Chemistry, which is the third highest scaling of the subejcts that counted for me, losing a few marks short of a 90 really killed off any chance of me getting a UAI of 97+.

joe_rulez37

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
What was this bump for? :confused:
Oh sorry, I was just wondering, say if Ido really bad in a subject (ie bottom 5 out of 60 students), and I get 95 in my external HSC, what's the likely consequence? Let's just say the 95 is the top mark in my school, but that gets given to someone else, so what happens? Thanks in advance

joe_rulez37

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
You would get the exam mark that correlates to your rank for your internal assessment mark.
I don't really understand this part. Sorry I'm stupid :(

volition

arr.
HSC
The system will assign 'assessment' marks to people based on the marks that your cohort gets in the external exam, based on the exam results.

However, I know it still isn't correct to say that the 2nd person(at the school) will end up with the 2nd highest exam mark that someone at that school got as their assessment mark. They'll probably end up with something 'close' to that.

It's only guaranteed that the 1st person(at school) gets the best exam mark that comes out of that school as their 'assessment mark'.

Maybe it takes into account the gaps between ranks? I know there's a moderating page on BOS that does it for you if you put in some ranks and external marks. I just can't remember where it is.

joe_rulez37

HSC
Thank you for your replies soul and voli, just one more question... does that mean the person who comes first in the grade for a subject doesn't need to try in the HSC because s/he gets someone else's mark?

joe_rulez37

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
They would still have to do well in the external HSC exam because their performance in the exam will become their HSC exam mark, which accounts for half of their overall HSC mark.
Ah cheers, understood. Thanks a lot :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)