The 2003 HSC exam - The mod's opinion (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
The forum isnt up yet; but I won't be on later so I'll post it now.

A mod can transfer this for me later.

I was quite pleased with the paper. I had psyched myself up for a very hard paper, and was pleasantly surprised when I read the paper. After skimming the paper, I only found a few points hard/strange:
  • The 8 mark question was about epidemiology. Odd.
  • There was nothing - NOTHING - about the kidney.
  • The Watson/Crick/Franklin/Wilkins question was a bit strange, but expected.
so on the whole, I'm quite happy... I left 15 mins early... but yes

I hope everyone is happy! And I hope you read the questions properly. When I checked my paper, I found 3 questions that I answered inappropriately (ie I didn't answer the question).

Congradulations Class of 2003 - You've finished HSC Biology!

badlysketched

hmmm i have to say i found it a little harder than u seemed to. but i didn't really study at all. i agree on that epidemiology question! it really threw me off, as well as the question in communication on they secondary research we s'posedly did... cos we didn't do it! my school did the reasearch on the eye! not the ear! so that screwed me up pretty badly. otherwise the test wasn't too horrific, but i must say that i'm not sure i was answering the question and sometimes i needed far more space than they gave me to answer the question well! (i'm a little long winded).

i didn't psych myself up for a hard paper, nor did i study and i left an hour early (as per usual) though some in my class left after 40 minutes etc (the teachers let them leave that early cos its such a small class). not one of my better papers... but it was ok. i definately passed but by how much!?!

-[Kakashi]-

HSC
hey nancy.. wat u write for the epidemiology question...??
i was like "HUH?!"
and away i go with BS!! :D
i wanna shoot myself...:chainsaw:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
It was pretty easy... but pretty stupid. I wish we were allowed to leave early at our school.... I had to sit and wait for a whole hour

crazylilmonkee

HSC
i thought it was ok
i left an hour early
i wasnt sure bout that model of biological concepts..

swordfish

ahh...i dont get you people. i thought the test was crap. No chance to show off what you knew...it was all about the outcomes...e.g the model question. I hated the epidemiology question, and i hated the vaccination question.....

leeraff

HSC
yeh pretty staright forward. Once again thx baby doll for your help :)

But yeh i kind of agree with you Swordfish it was very easy, nothing to really seperate the people who new wat they were doin...and such.

Thats prop why i left 50 min early XD

P.I.M.P.

yeah i kinda expected a question about watson, crick, wilkins, and franklin because of the 50 th anervisary

~SArAh~B~

whoever asked about what they wrote for the epidemiology one, i talked about the prevalence and incidence of the condition, followed by the testing of environmental factors such as food and water, I graphed and recorded results and did the same procedure in all towns including the island...followed by Koch's Postulates too verify that the disease was actually non-infectious.... then I made comparisons between the island and the mainland, then made a conclusion based on the facts... I think i was on the right track but like someone alse said it was all bull sh*t...

Originally posted by -[Kakashi]-
hey nancy.. wat u write for the epidemiology question...??
i was like "HUH?!"
and away i go with BS!! :D
i wanna shoot myself...:chainsaw:

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
IMO exam was good, not very 'biology driven' but it'll do
nothing really caught me off gaurd, probably just the question on biological models and in the human story the question on reliability of sources but i rekon i got em covered
i dont understand what is going on with bos, last yrs exam was easy so i was assuming this yrs would be hard..walked in there..looked at paper and laughed, got stare from everyone in class..all 5 of them :p
i knew that watson/crick/franklin/wilkins question would be in there so i was prepared i think i managed to get out about 6 or 7 points on genetic technology's development and impact
all in all bos is going really easy on my as far as my exams are going
anyways good luck everyone
and congrats on finishing biology 2003 !!
:D

Almost There

my goal in life is to be a trophy north shore mum.
ayayay! sop annoying!!

there has been throughout the year NOTHING on kidneys or proteitn syntheisis. nothing. zero. our shcool papers did not ask u any questions and neither did the HSC-thats two topics i could have completly skipped!!

and there was serious lack of challenge in that exam...nothing to make ppl stand out as actully having done the work.

so no offense to public ppl etc but i rekon this exam means that the top marks are gonna go to the high scaling schools-to the students who have gone really well throughout the year and the shcools who usually get pulled up (e.g private schools, selective)

which is kinda unfair in my opion..but then again its good for me so i wont complain!!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Almost There

so no offense to public ppl etc but i rekon this exam means that the top marks are gonna go to the high scaling schools-to the students who have gone really well throughout the year and the shcools who usually get pulled up (e.g private schools, selective)
What do you mean? Please explain. I am in a public school.

kochy

Useless uni student
HSC
i didn't study but it was a good exam to just bullshit your way through and thats exactly what i did

psycho_mushy

HSC
I don't think bullshittting in this bio exam was particular useful...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)