The 2004 HSC - Ancient History Paper (1 Viewer)

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
im kinda in the same boat as u chriscity.. i did alrite-ish good (i think) but i know i could have done alot better (i got 98% in my trials, i dont think i'll get that much ever again :()
i was so happy with the Spartan society and caesar q's.. they were sexy

but the essays..i feel kinda icky..i covered everything but i just dont think they were that good..
anyways praying that it will turn out alrite.. and hoping that they dont mark very hard in ancient!!!

AND BTW HSC'S OVER FOR ME !! WOOHOOO YAY..etc :D

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
it sucked
i sucked at it!

ha thats what u get for not studying overly well
but i was happy with my answers they were as good as they were gunna get with or without study

i did
personality - pericles
society - sparta
period - greece 500 - 440
additional societ - persia

i hated both additional society questions
it was a hard desicion to make

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
oh and by the way, did u guys use heaps of quotes and sources?

MadCow

I did: Hatshepsut
Sparta
New Kingdom Egypt to death of Thut 4
Minoans
I reckon that paper was pretty good. The minoans is always easy and Sparta was alright although i forgot what kings do so i lost a bit there. Hatsheptsut i didnt finish how i wanted to-a bit of a shabby ending and NK i always forget about, tried cramming for it and still forgot stuff. Hope everyone else did alright. I am pretty happy with my effort.

Last edited:

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
I couldn't quite remember quotes (major cram session last night, no time for memorising sources) so I mostly paraphrased, although I did have 1 or 2 quotes in most questions. For some of them I couldn't remember who said what so I pretty much just dropped names in and hoped I was right! "Bury and Meiggs argued that...."

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
MadCow said:
Hatsheptsut i didnt finish how i wanted to-a bit of a shabby ending and NK i always forget about, tried cramming for it and still forgot stuff. Hope everyone else did alright. I am pretty happy with my effort.
What question did you do for NK Egypt? I did the significance of the warrior pharaoh image, I wanted to do the political significance of building prgrammes but the good questions for my additional historical period were in that section so I couldn't.

Laus86

ay_caramba said:
Hehe, quoted my history teacher as a secondary source-she is an actual archaeologist though, been on excavations etc and she's writing her own thesis lol-best history teacher in NSW i think :) (not that i've been taught by all the history teachers in NSW....woteva.)

Bobcat

HSC
ay_caramba said:
I dont think i wrote even 1 quote, but thats jsut cause i couldnt remember any by the time i got in the exam.

MadCow

gemita said:
What question did you do for NK Egypt? I did the significance of the warrior pharaoh image, I wanted to do the political significance of building prgrammes but the good questions for my additional historical period were in that section so I couldn't.

I did the political significance of building programmes because i knew most about the buildings and just b/s'd my way through linking it to political stuff.

[caity]

oh now i dont feel alone i couldnt remember half the quotes i attempted learning so paraphrasing was all the markers will get from me apart from a few vague quotes here n there lol whooooooops

Sasky

HSC
I finished 1/2 hour early, only because I couldnt think of anymore and I was going crazy. I did basically s---, but yeah it was actually an easy exam.

Did:
Hatty
NK - Thutms
NK- Rammeside
Minoans

I dont care!!! Only ONE more to go!!!

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
haha i used quite a few quotes.. but i dont think they were very good ones...but hey, i used some... aargh

Shimtek

HSC
hmm i did a heap of paraphasing and made up about half of it

I remembered most of my quotes so i did atleast 1 proper quote every page but the wording wasnt exact, not that they really care, as long as its close

i got liike 48% in the trials but the teacher marked it gaily and due to misadventure i had to do it in crappy/noisy conditions and didnt study

I studied like a bitch last night and spent the whole three hours writing, i reckon i might get an 80% for this one.

delian league was my best section, 6 pages of smallish writing and it was very similar to the essay i handed in for my last assessment task since i read it a couple of times last night

w00000000000t

let the burning begin

time to play some rome total war as greeks :p

brunette

HSC
hatshepsut
minoans
sparta
greek world 500-440

pretty easy exams i thought....did a lot of paraphrasing...made up who said what (im sure they said something about it lol) but i did remember some quotes

Last edited:

LVB

Agrippina II (didn't like b tho)
Augustus and the JC
Ramessides
Amenhotep - Ramesses

meh

HSC
I did:

personality- cleopatra VII
society- sparta
period- Greek World 800-500BC
period- Fall of Republic 78-28

I thought the Cleo VII section was my worst, my whole class agreed that question on Battle of Actium was stupid and that part overlapped with the 10mark question which followed. It would have been more interesting if they asked about image/legacy.

Sparta was good i thought! Except for that weird "military elite" thing...i mean.it's so obscure. it could mean anything! geez!

The questions for the periods were good:)

Congrats to people who have finished their exams:)!
-marilia- xoxo

cowgirl_vic

Agrippina
Sparta
Greece 500-440 BC
Augustus to Titus

Thought exam was good, questions very similar to Catholic Trial :rolleyes:

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
Cleopatra
Sparta
Old Kingdom from unification to end of dyn 6
Old kingdom dyn 3-6

the questions werent too bad and i studied fairly solidly....
i dunno i coulda done better
they were all pretttty good
but i could have done better
oh well :)
one more to go tomorrow then its gone forever :D

Lebanese Cement

HSC
Pericles
Athenian Society
The Greek World 500-440
Augustus and the Julio-Claudians

Thought was really good test. Have been prepared for the Athenian democracy question all year and did an assignment that had the EXACT same question that our teacher used except different wording. Think i stuffed Athenian society though- who cares about Athenian architecture!!!

Comrade nathan

HSC
I did

Personality Scipio
Society Sparta 5 part questions
Additional Society Athens in time of Pericles Essay b
Historical Period Rome

IN the Personality i on the last 10 mark question i only wrote 4 sentances. I screwed up with my timing i looked at the clock and it was like 10:45 and i thought hold shit i only got an hour left, so i started to do my athens essay really quick then i realised im a idiot it i had plenty of time.

At the start i screwed around working out time. I have special provisions, im in a another room with 5 min breaks every half an hour. So i did a full booklet on the Athens Essay, just over a half for Carthage losing the 2nd punic war. I left the last question of the 3 part one to do at the end and only had like 2 minutes to do it. The first part i did really quickly so that to put me out of whack.

When we get the result do we get the results back for each individual bit or do we get the whole mark?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)