The 2004 HSC - Business Studies Paper (1 Viewer)

wallid

HSC
yea listen to soulja, he knows his shit ;)

i got 1:1 for wc ratio, including inventory as CA!

Soulja

HSC
mcq on pepsi and coke

was the answer differentiated marketing or global branding????

Soulja

HSC
bus

wallid said:
yea listen to soulja, he knows his shit ;)

i got 1:1 for wc ratio, including inventory as CA!

sounds like wallid knows what hes talking about guys....

JessC

HSC
N/A
Iron woman said:
Int: Owner's Equity, Ret. Profs
Ext: Short-term: Overdraft, bank bills, factoring
Long-term: Mortgage, debentures
Other: grants, venture capitalists, leasing...

How leanient do you thing they'll be if we listed them?

i hope they are....coz i listed them aswell

alexialight

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
I made up so many stats and figures for how companies expand globally. :uhhuh: I just got a question or two.

* Did everyone get the Working Capital as a 1:1 ration for the shorts?
* What were sources of finance? I put equity finance, capital markets, retained profits, owners equity, bankbills + overdrafts for expansion but I am just abit unsure.

I wrote so much rubbish in the report and just constantly dropped in "the words". :D
Yeh i got 1:1
for the sources of finance i just mentioned the International Bond Market, Eurocurrencies and shoved in a bit about equity (owner's equity) and **quickly** compared it to debt just in case i was way off the track with mentioning those first two sources

Acid

HSC
alexialight said:
for the sources of finance i just mentioned the International Bond Market, Eurocurrencies and shoved in a bit about equity (owner's equity) and **quickly** compared it to debt just in case i was way off the track with mentioning those first two sources
I got 1.2:1 .. because Inventory, Accounts Receivable, Cash, and Goodwill are all Current Assets....I'm pretty sure anyway. I dont think everyone included goodwill...

Soulja

HSC
bus

Acid said:
I got 1.2:1 .. because Inventory, Accounts Receivable, Cash, and Goodwill are all Current Assets....I'm pretty sure anyway. I dont think everyone included goodwill...

goodwill or any intangibles is not current its non-current. therefore 1:1

kid2220

alexialight said:

yaa.. the ratio was 1:1 ... if you didnt include intangibles. They like patents n goodwill, which isnt part of current assets if you think about it...so if you did get 250000/25000, you were right .. i think.

The best was to approach this question was to WRITE wat they were in the box. so CA , NCA, CL, NCL! then where the lines where to write the answer.. you write the formula for current ratio. current assets/current liabilities. Then you sub the numbers in. Then you write you answer. THen you make a statement. This means for every dollar in current liability, the business has a dollar in current asset, which is pretty bad. thats how i went about it.. wat you think??

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i got 600 000/ 500 000 coz i put intangiablez as a Current asset...did any1 else get dat?

Last edited:

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
damn, i got 1.2 : 1 ... 1 wrong already

multiple choice was challenging, good short answer good report and shit global essay ...
overall expecting 75<my mark<90

Acid

HSC
I still disagree. Current assets are assets that will change within one year. Goodwill can change at any time and is a Current Asset. When you look at a balance sheet do you ever see a separate section for Intangibles?

How can Goodwill be Non-current....think about it.

kid2220

for the extended responses..we needed case studies? jks.. hahaha.. i got farked tho.. my school didnt give any case studies for finance! we had like 5 case studies for invidual topics..NOTHING on financial. so i made stuff up about a case study we did in another topic. I think it was a hard question.. wrote soo much bulshit, expanding methods was easy as can be... but financial n sources of funds.. easy.. but the case study? wtf ? lol..

peace out people

Soulja

HSC
Acid said:
I still disagree. Current assets are assets that will change within one year. Goodwill can change at any time and is a Current Asset. When you look at a balance sheet do you ever see a separate section for Intangibles?

How can Goodwill be Non-current....think about it.

because the full effects of the goodwill wont be felt inside a current accounting period. i.e. one year. the benefits will be spread possibly over years and years. therefore its a non- current asset

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)