The 2004 HSC - Mathematics Extension 1 Paper (1 Viewer)

BlindGuardian

all u ppl that think that was easy....u must be stoned.......do u guys friggin speak maths at home or something?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i realise the paper has been posted, but i thought i would also post it as a single PDF file as well for convenience.

Enjoy

greekt0y

HSC
N/A
ok first of all it was a pretty hard paper, not in content, but in the time allocated.
like im lookin at 80% if i did no stupid mistakes. al u ppl who say u got 83/84 be happy....u guys shit me...gettin 95+ % is not a screw up.
like fuk i was gettin at least 85% in past papes, n this one i dunno
hopefully i get my 80%, coz i didnt go dat well in 4 unit. ( maybe 65% max)

S

Shuter

Most of the people saying it was relatively easy do 4U maths (myself included).

And yes, someone please post the time for SHM part 3, I really want to know if I guessed correctly.

johnamos123

CrashOveride said:
wrote the wrong question in wrong booklet, spent like 5min re writing it bahhhhh
same hear after q4 i kept doin q5 in da same booklet.
had to rewrite it out.

becany

Hmm...i dunno if im right, but for the harbour entrance, the time it is 2m above low tide is 4.28...but then i read the question wrong so i got the answer wrong..bleh someone (ie the ones who are like ooo i got 83/84), whats the answer?

greekt0y

HSC
N/A
liek wot did evry1 get as the locus??? i got y=-4a, but now im thinkin it mite b y=-a

donis

um, to those randoms who are pissed off with a mark of over 80+/84 - get a life I'd say. Anything above 80/84 is good, but you people are fools. yer hsc! yer wd cockey people!

nit

HSC
Time was 4:28 am

Me, I'm hoping for 83/84...didn't include the second solution to the tantheta question in 6...I hope i get a mark for that. Apart from that, I'm fairly confident of not having committed any sillies...

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
Sign....I had no clue how to do Q7 part B ....so guess i'll get somewhere around 70-75/84

To those who rkn the test was easy....get a life....most F ed up 3u paper i've ever done

Managore

HSC
I've failed.. so badly.. I hope I got over 1/3 of them right actually, then I'll be moderately lucky... that was the worst exam, of my life. I had a fucking headache and a cold I was trying to hold in.

Worst
Exam
Ever

Managore

HSC
I HATE binomial theorem, SHM and projectiles so there goes nearly 1/3 of the marks anyway... the test was so stupid, where the hell was the hard probability, inverse, graph sketching, harder integration etc etc etc etc etc??

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Shuter said:
Most of the people saying it was relatively easy do 4U maths (myself included).
You're lucky! That means better scaling for 4U.

The scaling parameters for Extension 2 are determined by the performance of the Extension 2 students on the Extension 1 paper. (And the scaling for Extension 1 is determined by the performance of the Extension 1 students on the Mathematics paper - the same scaling is then applied to Extension 2 students for their Extension 1 component.)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
hte SHM q in this test was very easy, we were very lucky htey didnt ask one harder than we got...

chriscity1

I thought the questions weren't hard - but we so didn't have enough time. As soon as I come home I can do them all. It's tragic and I've always liked maths. Now I'll carry this around with me for the rest of my life!

mojako

HSC
greekt0y said:
wot did u st00ges get for the locus?????
line y=-4a
x-coord is given by x=a(p-4/p)

as far as I know.. no restriction except that it's not defined when one of P and Q (or both of them) is at (0,0) on the parabola.

EDIT:
Oh SHIT !!!
when P or Q is at (0,0),
R is on x-axis!!!
I hope they don't mark me down...................................

EDIT #2:
Yes... good news..
Neither P nor Q can be at (0,0) if the two tangents are to be perpendicular :D

Last edited:

Melody

HSC
N/A
CrashOveride said:
wrote the wrong question in wrong booklet, spent like 5min re writing it bahhhhh
Me too :(
Paper was waay too long, even if I had been 100% confident in my answers there's no way i could finsih all of it with my slow writing :(

Guesstimate: Late 50's, 60/84 (In which case it would be the first 3U test I have ever passed :uhhuh: )

euphoric

HSC
question 7a had too much english.
it should be a math exam. not a friggen comprehension><

greekt0y

HSC
N/A
yeh i got the answer y=-4a, it cant be y=0, it asks for locus, not the pont when its on the x axis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)