• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Abortion Debate... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
About paying for abortions, i believe the government should only pay for the first abortion...
Girls are increasingly partaking in more than 1 abortion, some even having 4-5.. they're using abortion as their contraceptive.
This leads to problems if they want to have a child later in life, often girls who have too many abortions can't have children, have to get a hystorectomy.
you do realise it's possible to get pregnant even when using a contraceptive?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
yes it is, however i believe once you've had to have 1 abortion you should be more careful.... after 2 you should think about maybe sorting yourself out before having sex again, or get that thing put under ur skin that is 100% effective.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
yes it is, however i believe once you've had to have 1 abortion you should be more careful.... after 2 you should think about maybe sorting yourself out before having sex again, or get that thing put under ur skin that is 100% effective.
there aren't any 100% effective forms of contraception, including hystorectomies

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
So if the removal of the entire womb is ineffective at preventing unwanted childbirth...where does the foetus develop in the absence of the womb?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Lexicographer said:
So if the removal of the entire womb is ineffective at preventing unwanted childbirth...where does the foetus develop in the absence of the womb?
correct me if i'm wrong, but they don't remove the womb for a hystorectomy. similar to how they don't remove the balls for a vasectomy

HSC
Robert you're seeing the mother as merely a 'carrier', suggesting that she should risk her life to bring a child into the world. But that's not your decision to make. If she decides that's what she wants to do, then good for her, but you cannot possibly be telling me that you would judge a woman for valuing her own life over that of an embryo, particularly if she was not planning on becoming pregnant anyway

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
katie_tully said:
Redundant. Truly.
Once the baby is born, nobody "owns" it. Under that logic, nobody is responsible for it after it's born either, therefore it can be subjected to neglect.
neo_o said:
Its been pointed out that many children are aborted whom could survive outside of the mother.
Also, under that logic, you think parents have a right to terminate their children regardless of age, since most kids are "dependant on their parents for their continued existance" :rolleyes:

Katie - Like Lexicographer said there's a difference between owning something and having responsibility for it. I suggest you look up the differing meanings, and stop giveing my words meanings that were never intended.

neo - Would you care to give me an example of a child that was aborted that was capeable of surviving outside of it's mothers womb? and by surviving I mean without the benefit of several machines running at once.
Aside from that, most children would not die if their parents died, that is what I meant. If the mother dies, so to will the feotus (if you want to call it "alive" to begin with) without the mother, the feotus cannot survive, thus it is dependent on the mother for it's continued existance.

superbird

HSC
girlanachronism said:
Yet abortion is up to 10 times physically safer than childbirth. Although women are definitely at less risk now thanks to our infinitely higher standards of medical care, the fact remains there are still women who cannot physically carry a child to term without severe risks to their own safety. It doesn't matter how good our medical care is; that's just something that's always going to happen.
IMO there is a difference between having an abortion for health reasons and having an abortion for the sake of it. In which case I see no reason why not to support an abortion if the mother is at risk of dying.
As for the financial and personal reasons as to having an abortion then I would argue that no an abortion shouldn't be the way out. Life isn't meant to be easy. You took the risk of falling pregnant and if you do then you should give birth to the child. Otherwise, you can always consider adoption.
As for womens rights to aborting the child without the father's consent; may I remind you that it takes sperm to make a baby. Get over the fact that because its in your womb you are free to do whatever you want with it.

Last edited:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Lexicographer said:
My mistake, I was thinking of what they do to cats (where they do remove the womb).
with pets and such they actually remove organs, but with humans they tie up tubes that connect certain organs

HSC
UP UNTIL A CERTAIN POINT IT *IS* AN EMBRYO. A SIGNIFICANT PERCENTAGE OF ABORTIONS HAPPEN BEFORE THE POINT WHERE IT BECOMES A FOETUS. GRONK.

Also, how many times does it have to be emphasised that abortion is a SAFE medical procedure? Safer than giving birth?

Get over the fact that because its in your womb you are free to do whatever you want with it.
lol yes because i have no rights to decide what to do with my own body :rolleyes:

Generator

HSC
N/A
That's not the greatest line, not-that-bright... How many other little organisms live within our body yet are constantly attacked and killed through anti-bacterials and the like?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Your body is the home of another creature, u have no right to invade its home :rolleyes:
kinda like worms and other parasites?

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Your body is the home of another creature, u have no right to invade its home :rolleyes:
hahahahahhaa
yeah except for the part where it is totally reliant on me and seeing as i don't want it... it's no more than a parasite at the embryonic stage

kat_mandu

What the?
HSC
girlanachronism said:
hahahahahhaa
yeah except for the part where it is totally reliant on me and seeing as i don't want it... it's no more than a parasite at the embryonic stage
if and when you actually try for a baby and fall pregnant will you still consider what is living inside you to be 'no more than a parasite'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)