Votes: 28 27.5%
  • No, I believe chivalry is not dead

Votes: 64 62.7%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 10 9.8%

• Total voters
T

trolloutaface

dude, stop lying to yourself. you ARE gay.

that is all k.

Davriel

HSC
N/A
trolloutaface said:
dude, stop lying to yourself. you ARE gay.

that is all k.
I am not gay. Of course, I am doing a BA and planning to major in both English and Drama, so I can see why you would be confused. (Shakes head in shame) That alone has caused me enough grief.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Davriel said:
Because due to a sad twist of fate I was sent to a Catholic school from Kindergarten to Year 12. The rumours I can handle, the physical abuse that police and the school merely saw as "typical bullying" kinda left me with a few scars. Oh, and it's very difficult to get into a woman's pants when she thinks you're gay. Anyway, can please leave my sexuality alone for a while and get back to the actual topic.
I'd doubt if physical abuse was involved that the police would just call it typical bullying. I call bullshit.

And its so much easier for gay guys to get into girls' pants.

Davriel said:
I am not gay. Of course, I am doing a BA and planning to major in both English and Drama, so I can see why you would be confused. (Shakes head in shame) That alone has caused me enough grief.
You sound more like a pretentious dickhead to me.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Davriel said:
Oh, and it's very difficult to get into a woman's pants when she thinks you're gay.
The girl thinks your gay because you act gay, not because of anything else. I mean, it's all about the approach, if you immediately made it obvious that you were hitting on them, they'd just think you are sensitive and metro.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, it's YOUR fault people think you're gay, so stop shifting blame.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Davriel said:
The reason I have to defend my heterosexuality is because during high school I suffered horribly due to several vicious rumours that almost destroyed my relationships with friends, family and females. Believe me, if I was gay, you'd know it. Oh, and as for ringing my friends, I didn't ring them (and as for Sentinel, who the hell is he and how does he know me?).
I'll tell you this once and once only. None of us went to high school with you. We don't lknow your past.

And yes all girls are fag hags. They hope to convert one of them some day

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Nah Ash, just hand him a shovel, he's digging his own hole rather well :)

munchybuddy

HSC
Can i just say that i like chivalry, i like to have doors opened for me and all that other stuff,

But i was actually discusssing this thread with a friend tha other day and she hates the idea of it. She thinks that it is belitteling when i guy opens a door for her, as if she cant do it her self.

I guesse it just depends on the person.

But personally i <3 it

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
munchybuddy said:
She thinks that it is belitteling when i guy opens a door for her, as if she cant do it her self.
So she's one of those females who'll also endure a hernia because she could never let a guy see that she needed help carrying groceries or someshit thats heavy.

Fuck I hate that attitude.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
kathelle said:
I think that girls should, of course, show the same good manners in return.
You mean they should put out in return?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
AsyLum said:
So she's one of those females who'll also endure a hernia because she could never let a guy see that she needed help carrying groceries or someshit thats heavy.

Fuck I hate that attitude.
omg i hate that. let me put it out there once and for all: there is NOTHING WRONG with a guy helping you to carry heavy shit or reach stuff or otherwise assist you with something. He is not suggesting you're weak or stupid. He is trying to lend you a hand and save you breaking your spine/arms. It is a polite, nice thing to do. Let him.

i only tend to feel weird about chivalry if i'm not sure of the guys' motive...like whether they're just being polite or whether they might like you, sorta thing. like i have some guy friends who are just v gentlemanly all the time so i wouldnt read anything into it, but others, who if they suddenly started opening doors or paying for my coffee... i would get sus.

Pace_T

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
omg i hate that. let me put it out there once and for all: there is NOTHING WRONG with a guy helping you to carry heavy shit or reach stuff or otherwise assist you with something. He is not suggesting you're weak or stupid. He is trying to lend you a hand and save you breaking your spine/arms. It is a polite, nice thing to do. Let him.

that's sooo true!!

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i love people opening doors for me and shit. its so nice.
i hate people paying for shit for me though. i feel reeeeeeeally bad
like fuck, the other day some guy paid for my cab home from their house in the morning and i felt heaps shit. and then someone bought me tea. TEA!?!?! a whole $2.00 or so and i felt terrible. awkward city central
:/

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i never pay for anything, in my experience girls fucking hate it. I actually have girls give me money when i go to the bar to get us drinks and refuse to take the money back[i pay for my own ofcourse]. Fair enough if you are ordering a cocktail, but just some sort of simple drink i dont really care, its only like $5.

Alot of the time i am observant if i am needed, and if i am i try and do it in a way that isnt patronising. All you girls know it, that dickhead who enters the building about 10m ahead of you and then stands there holding the door with a big shit eating grin on his face, like he did you a huge fucking favour.

Theres a few things i usually do, mainly how i was raised. I order, wether its at the bar, restaurant, whatever, tell me what you want and ill get it. I enter buildings first, usually i exit first aswell then i can hold the door open for my friend[either male or female] With girls [usually friends but whatever] i feel obligated to make sure they have a ride, they get to the train station, taxi stand, whatever. If iam dropping them off, i wait until i see they have entered their house.

I dont really think thats chivalry because chivalry is acting like a dickhead and putting girls on a pedastal, rather i think its courtesy and also being observant and aware.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
Serius said:
Theres a few things i usually do, mainly how i was raised. I order, wether its at the bar, restaurant, whatever, tell me what you want and ill get it. .

haha. i agree with everything else you say.. but the ordering thing??

i work in a cafe and its interesting to see the dynamics of who orders..
i find that in alot of asian couples, the male will order.. [why am i thinking mail order bride?...maybe its also because the female's engrish isnt as good?]

i'd hate it if a guy ordered for me..
sure it saves confusion for the waiter/waitress.. butid feel suppressed etc..

bshoc

HSC
N/A
It's definitely dead, just cant get a good duel going these days, no matter how many hands I slap with my leather gloves.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
sure thats fine, then order yourself. In alot of situations only 1 person is going to be ordering, i like to be that person, maybe its because i dont mind putting myself out there, attracting some service etc.

Evilo

HSC
Chivalry is still around. I do it often, BUT if you *expect* chivalry from me then you wont get it (if you're a stranger). I believe chivalry is suprise/act of kindness, not some right which alot of people like to think.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Evilo said:
Chivalry is still around. I do it often, BUT if you *expect* chivalry from me then you wont get it (if you're a stranger). I believe chivalry is suprise/act of kindness, not some right which alot of people like to think.
OK, so Chivalry is like Shit; it happens.

-P_D

Evilo

HSC
P_Dilemma said:
OK, so Chivalry is like Shit; it happens.

-P_D
I think you got the wrong end of the stick here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)