• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Anime Thread (3 Viewers)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Funniboi- Hellsing is very popular, but personally I found it too cheesy. Supposedly it later on has very stylish action, but the craptastic dialogue through me off in the first episode so I couldn't continue with it.

Atotoi- If you like Eva, chances are good that if you give FLCL a chance it'll be very enjoyable. Good that you didn't like Ghost in the Shell, shows refined taste. The 2 anime you like are made by what were without a doubt the 2 best anime production companies, and their anime could not be more different. The one that made Eva, Gainax makes generally extremely creative, provocative shows that are definitely better for a late teen audience. Unfortunately, has dropped off lately because their best director quit, but their best works are. Eva, Kare Kano and of course FLCL. Castle of Cagliostro is made by Miyazaki Hayao, internationally regarded as one of the best directors in any medium and certainly is the most recognised director of animation. More often than not though his movies are targeted at a very general audience, Toy Story kinds of things. To go down this track, I'd first watch Porco Rosso, then if you like that try Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Princess Mononoke and of course, Spirited Away.

That's just what I can tell you based on the anime that you've liked so far, but for better answers, I'd go to www.animeacademy.com They have very well written reviews by very hard core anime fans (far more so than me).

Also for just about anyone who likes any anime I'd recommend Cowboy Bebop. Don't worry about the name, it's really one of the best out there that most people can and will enjoy. Fullmetal Alchemist fits under this same category.

jesshika

supreme being
studio ghibli ! but i think its more of a younger audience
but what the hell .. still good stuff
.. Sprited Away *thumbs upp up*
.. Tonari no Totoro (MY neighbour Totoro)

funniboi

HSC
spirited away was fukn awesome

any1 know how many eps cowboy bebop was?

im thinkin about gettin that first before finishing gettin hunter x hunter

and i cant find any hellsing anywhere. :(:( :( help me otu!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Cowboy Bebop is 26 episodes. Hellsing can more than likely be found on Emule :p

funniboi

HSC
I dont have e-mule

how does it work ?

is it like kazza

or DC++ ?

sanguinivore

hmm.. personally i didnt like spirited away
it was just a more *exciting* and mixed up reworking of previous stuff already done by ghibli. i like totoro better.

i never saw what the big fuss was about "Ghost in the Shell" and "Spriggan"???
mehh.. i didnt like ghost in the shell much either apart from the nice artwork. but i LOVED spriggan. dunno why >< it was such a brainless beat em up movie. but.. maybe thats why i loved it. the artwork was also pretty unusual and cool... (and damn was yu hot >< rofl)

hellsing - boring -__-; well the beginning was anyway. so i couldnt be bothered to watch the rest..

eva movie on tonight! maybe it will make more sense in english... or maybe not =/ cant believe how long it took them to make the dub T__T

fma 5 more eps to go!! cant wait for the movie!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Um.. to download emule you probably have to download edonkey or something first, because it no longer has a download URL. It is another FTP program, but it has several advantages over Kazaa Lite.

1. No corrupt music
2. Much more variety
3. Many more sources

The catch is it takes a while for you to actually get the sources.. but after around 1.5 hours (depending on the file), you should be maxing out your bandwidth

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
I am yet again bamboozled by Neon Genesis Evangelion.
I watched the "End of Evangelion" on SBS last night.. gee, what a trip?
Am i missing some really important metaphors and sub plots or is it just Naturally messed up?
I turned it off halfway.. when i could no longer comprehend the biblical references (plus ive been sick too). As a result of watching this crazy shit before bed.. i ended up having nightmares about it...being sick didnt help either..

Meh! thank goodness for the End Of Evangelion...

funniboi

HSC
man, that movie was a mad confusing.

fukn but the fighting scenes were gruesome!!! ;D

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Hey sanguinivore, do u know if they have released ep 45 of fma yet? cause i have been waiting for it for ages and nuthin has come out to my knowledge

funniboi

HSC
you guys got any clue when i.d 4th stage eps are commmin out?

its been ages. no subs yet

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Atotoi said:
I am yet again bamboozled by Neon Genesis Evangelion.
I watched the "End of Evangelion" on SBS last night.. gee, what a trip?
Am i missing some really important metaphors and sub plots or is it just Naturally messed up?
I turned it off halfway.. when i could no longer comprehend the biblical references (plus ive been sick too). As a result of watching this crazy shit before bed.. i ended up having nightmares about it...being sick didnt help either..

Meh! thank goodness for the End Of Evangelion...
shinji is a pussy. The end.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Jago said:
shinji is a pussy. The end.
lol without making myself sound like a big fan....shinji isn't exactly as old as he looks...in the story his really only just 14-15

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i know. still a pussy.

i swear he cried continously for an hour when i watched it last night.

funniboi

HSC
just because he cries, don't make him a pussy mate =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)