the assessment (1 Viewer)

choc-chip

HSC
i've got a assessment in next yr..any tips on dat?

The task: in the global business topic we have examined the implications of globalization on business structure, functions and management. This task asks you to relate this to a specific global business
1. Select a suitable global business preferably a well established business
2. Gather information about the business using the internet, media reports, prospectus and annual reports where appropriate
3. Specially find information relating to the following area (use the syllabus to help you identify the requirements of each of the following points)in 5 pages.
Identify the international targets for the business
Explain the strategies used by the business to achieve its goals
Explain the influences on the business in the global markets
Analyse the reasons for its international expansion

Outcome to be assess on a student:
Explains the impact of the global business environment on business role and structure.
Evaluate processes and operations in global business
Evaluates management strategies in response to internal and external factors
Selects, organize and evaluates information and sources for usefulness and reliability
Plans and conducts an investigation into business to present the findings in an appropriate business format
Communication business information, ideas and issues, using the relevant business terminology and concept in appropriate forms

= Jennifer =

HSC
wow that sounds like a really enjoyable assignment ... unfortuantely i cannot help as our class has done marketing and we are halfway through business management and change and have not done global business........good luck with the assesment though

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i have moved your thread from the HSC help Line forum(to be used when the HSC Help Line is open in 2004) to the main forum..

thatz a v syllabus orientated...

things to be aware of:

- keywords.. analyse, evaluate... find the definitions... that will indicate to you how much you should write for each subsection..

- info gathering: you can find a lot of media reports on company websites... there is a site where you can find annual reports (check http://www.annualreportservice.com/cgi-bin/ars.cgi), you can also check mags.. if its australia based.. then check SMG.. if its internationalli based.. then check ABW)

- biz report format... check http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16609 go to *writing biz reports* .. you will find a couple of links under there..

- give yourself plenty of time.. cuz you wil find with some international biz they dont ahve a lot of info on a particular subheading.. so make sure you give yourself time just in case if a biz doesnt work out and you have to change....

fringey

HSC
choc chip what school do you go to? I think I did a similar assignment. I did mine on Fosters and Nestle.

symo

HSC
make up your own company. that way you can always find info you need, everythings tailored to the course needs. thats what our school did.. one company for all cores, helps heaps for tying sections together

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
lol.. i made up my own company in the actual HSC exam...well yeah i was mentally prepared that if Global Business doesn't turn up then thats what i'd have to do...and i did it..and still did ok :)

gz

fringey said:
choc chip what school do you go to? I think I did a similar assignment. I did mine on Fosters and Nestle.
hey i have to do a report on a global business and i am doing nestle
i was wondering if you could help me out??
i have to answer these questions
-why the business operates in a global market
-their global business stategy
-external influences on the busines
-managment of the business

any help would be greatly appriciated

cHiNgY1788

Hi
I have the exact Assessment Task
lol

Anyways, I am doing ANZ, i can write in Business report form, but
Our class has not started global businesses yet, we are ahlfway in marketing and i have workplacement for the week
it is due next week, monday 27th June
just need to know
What is an international target?
Target Market?
Goal?

Please help
my out come in Business studies, lies in all of your hands

Moonlite

HSC
We had the exact same assesment in Term 2 (we did Global Business first), and I did mine of McDonald's cuz it's very easy to find info on it. I got 25/30 for it ... so I might be able to help you... but I don't really know a lot on ANZ though.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)