The Beaconsfield miners (1 Viewer)

renton

HSC
Re: Two trapped miners found alive!

neone catch the footy show 2nite?

eddie maguire is a fuckin disgrace. he must've plugged about 35 businesses in 3 minutes in his speech with the miners. the media focus has only been so big, so that channel 9 can use this 'australian feel-good story' to pump a couple million into their wallets. eddie is a vain, vain man. a total disgrace as a human being.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Re: Two trapped miners found alive!

The_highwayman said:
I dont remember the thredbo disaster getting this much coverage. Basically every news/current affairs show was down there.
i think thredbo was when my family reconnected the foxtel, cos there was literally nothing else to watch for a week.

same thing happened after sept 11, bali, even when princess di died. they tell you the small amount of info they know, repeat the same images over and over again, and have 24hr news coverage with some reporter at the scene saying that no new information has been released. i'd rather watch repeats of south park, thankyou.

but it's still awesome that they got out in such good nick. and dave grohl's a champ for offering to have a beer with em.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The wonders a bidding war does for public sympathy.
I never felt so interested in their bravery and endurance when they so eloquently yelled "how big'z ya check book" in reply to a question on their experience.
What an inspiration they are.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
at least i hope the miners make some money from the ordeal and not the media

the whole sensationalising of the facts and the embellishment of the events are the fault of the media not the two miners

its funny that this forum (with an age span of probably 16-21yrs) do not feel too much for this incident compared to the amount of press coverage this received. neither have there been many controversial comments on the fact that the media are bitches so far in this thread.

Jaydels

HSC
I was listening to Alan Jones on 2GB this morning (not through choice) and he was pretty much saying that they should go back and work in the mines because the mines pretty much make up the town of Beaconsfield and why shouldn't they have to go back when everyone else does. I thought that was disgusting...for a start, nobody else was trapped underground for two weeks, imagine what going back into the mines would do to their families. He also talked about the large sum of money they both received from channel nine....to me it sounded like he was saying that they didn't deserve it just coz they went through that, and it should have all gone to the rescuers instead. I do agree that the rescuers could do with a bit more recognition, but those two guys didn't choose to be stuck in the mine and they deserve some compensation for it. He also said that the miners should be telling the public what they're spending their money on coz the public put money into it and should know where it's going. It's no one elses business and i'm sure the public don't care what they spend their money on. I say leave them alone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)