the best PIP's (1 Viewer)

michelleanne

HSC
Hi all!

I completed SOC a couple of years ago and no one will recieve their mark for the PIP back. When HSC marks are released, you only receive a combined SOC mark out of 100- not individual marks for the PIP and the exam.

Also, PIP marks will not appear on the honours list- but those people who receive awards for their PIPS will know that they were awarded 30/30.

So, technically a person could have recieved 30/30 and not know.....

Hope this helps!!!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
apparently your school gets some formula to work out your pip mark.....but they get it in april next year...so most people'll be over it by then

a chick from my school a couple of years back (2001 maybe) actually got more than 100% (after scaling)....i thought that was pretty mad

*rinney*

HSC
i picked up my PIP today when i signed out... yewww! :)
and my teacher made some comment that she'd try and work out what my mark was...so maybe she has this 'formula' already?? :confused:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Codename_Alpha said:
when is the honours list released?
The HSC Honour Roll will be realease the day or the day after you get your HSC results.
They include:
1st place in a course
Top achievers in a course (Ranked top 5, 10 or 20 depends on the number of candidates)
Distinguish Achivers (Band 6)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
alby said:
apparently your school gets some formula to work out your pip mark.....but they get it in april next year...so most people'll be over it by then

a chick from my school a couple of years back (2001 maybe) actually got more than 100% (after scaling)....i thought that was pretty mad
hmmm. It is not possible to get more than a scaled mark of 100. If the raw mark is 100, then it will be scaled to 100. So you can't get more than 100 contributed from 2 units (the maximum aggregate scaled mark is 500).

And about the formulae thing, your teacher is probably an experienced marker, who predict what the students PIP/Exam raw marks are. But it is not really accurate to predict the aligned mark for each component because the 2 raw marks are added together and is aligned to form your HSC Exam mark that will be appearing on your HSC certificate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)