The Bob Dylan appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
smegger_em said:
'the sun's not yellow, its chicken!' - from 'Tombstone Blues'

I just love that song, the lyrics are so bizarre, yet also so perfect and poetic...

I also love 'Queen Jane,' it reminds me so perfectly of a guy I used to know

Hey, what does "the sun's not yellow, its chicken!" mean? I never really got that.. yet it makes me laugh anyway. :D

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
Tomstone Blues is all about this guy loosing track of everythign he understands and believes in, or thats how I see it, so the whole 'the suns not yellow, its chicken!' links to that, its not complete nonsence, but it kind of still is... Love it.

Oh, and also, from the same song - 'and he yells back 'you're a cow! Give me some milk or else go home!"

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
smegger_em said:
Tomstone Blues is all about this guy loosing track of everythign he understands and believes in, or thats how I see it, so the whole 'the suns not yellow, its chicken!' links to that, its not complete nonsence, but it kind of still is... Love it.

Oh, and also, from the same song - 'and he yells back 'you're a cow! Give me some milk or else go home!"
oh cool! I never realised what the song was about.... happens with so many bob dylan songs, he's often pretty damn abstract. and I too love the cow quote!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)