mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
just a couple of tips:

-make sure you have your student card when you go
-take cash to receive discount
-if you go during the day make sure you have a lot of spare time
-if you are impatient go either at opening or closing
-make sure you know exactly what books you need so you can go straight to where they should be
-never think 'there must be enough copies for everybody'

that will do for now, see you in the lineup :p

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
thanks heaps i have to go tomorrow to get some stuff (well alot of stuff actually :mad: )

theyre so big, and EXPENSIVE!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by parko
thanks heaps i have to go tomorrow to get some stuff (well alot of stuff actually :mad: )

theyre so big, and EXPENSIVE!
Yeah, I never expected the text books to be so expensive:(.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mrbassman
does that mean as in the folding paper money? i dont get a discount if i pay by eftpos?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
i'm pretty sure it is folding paper money not eftpos

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
next to the 2nd hand bookshop, on the ground floor (outside) of the shortland union building

umm...its also near the travel mob if that helps ya

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
Yeah, I never expected the text books to be so expensive:(.
same here, i guess im just so used to having text books given to me throughout high school, never having to pay for them (apart from 1 pe book) Suddenly i understand more why teachers get so bewildered when they get damaged books back at the end of the year........more money down the toilet

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by parko
same here, i guess im just so used to having text books given to me throughout high school, never having to pay for them (apart from 1 pe book) Suddenly i understand more why teachers get so bewildered when they get damaged books back at the end of the year........more money down the toilet
Yeah but even those textbooks were only around the $30 mark, whereas the average price for University textbooks are about $100:eek:.

seeka

HSC
yeh just a tip,,,check out what your textbooks are then check the second hand bookshop,.,, just next door to the united campus bookshop,,, they have new books in there all the time and i got one of my laws ones which is usually $103 for only $25 and its the new edition and all

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
did anyone try the bookshop yesterday??
we had to line up in the rain for 15 minutes just to get in the door, then when we finally did, the line was right around the store. i gave up.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by seeka
yeh just a tip,,,check out what your textbooks are then check the second hand bookshop,.,, just next door to the united campus bookshop,,, they have new books in there all the time and i got one of my laws ones which is usually $103 for only $25 and its the new edition and all
It is too late for me now but one of my books I couldn't get anyway:(. The reason is because it is the first time they are using the book. Another one of my books has a workbook bundled with it, so I couldn't get that either, because the other person probably would have already used it, and the third book had two other books bundled with it with CD-ROMS:(. Far out though, how expensive are the books, even with the discount. I spent $241.10 and that was only for three of my subjects, I still have to get another one:(!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
did anyone try the bookshop yesterday??
we had to line up in the rain for 15 minutes just to get in the door, then when we finally did, the line was right around the store. i gave up.
Yes, I was there:(. I had to wait for ages and then the security guard cut me off, so that I was the first person in the new line, so I had to wait another five minutes:mad:! Then it took me all day to find one of my books, but I had two hours to waist, so it wasn't that bad:).

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Oh man ... It's gonna suck when I have to go tomorrow
I hate long lines

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
You can avoid those problems if you go to the bookshop on the ourimbah campus- there was hardly any one there and the friendly shop assistant helped me find my books :) Except they didnt have some of them so I guess I still have to brave the lines

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
it was very funny to see people lining up on the footbridge to get in, although i didnt have to go to the bookshop at all coz none of my texts are available there, i have to go into the city :(

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mrbassman
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
does that mean as in the folding paper money? i dont get a discount if i pay by eftpos?
Originally posted by evilc
i'm pretty sure it is folding paper money not eftpos
ok, i went yesterday, heres the go

say a book is $120 rrp
cash would be say $97
eftpos would be say $99

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
See if you can find someone who has done the course last year of earlier and get the books on loan.....

I got my Ling book that way..........

but the lines werent that bad yesterday (thursday) like queues went around the shop but no waiting to get in..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)