• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Chaser's War on Everything (2 Viewers)

HSC
I agree.

Surprised to notice a fair bit of Micallef rip-offs - like the randoms in the audience (centurion) and the sick-kids skit (though Mic's was funnier bc it was about sex)
The randoms in the audience are ment to be a running joke for the series. Bee keeper in the first epp and the centurion in this last one.

Dr. Oyster

HSC
I'm having trouble finding the boys funny...in the last series they were effing hilarious, now i dont know what it is, i'm just not amused by them making fun of terminally ill people, or the disabled, or religions.
what the hell is wrong with me
i agree. They'll never be able to recapture that form they had 2 years ago.

Dr. Oyster

HSC
If they didnt say 'they're gonna die anyway' this wouldnt have happened.

shame really.

HSC
I think that's true.
I found the sketch funny for both the humor presented and the underlying satire.
It was a very touchy subject and as they admit, they needed to go about it a different way.
2 weeks sucks... But it's a good PR move by the ABC, allowing a cool down period to hopefully maintain ratings.
I'll definitely keep watching.

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
GO CHASER :D

I got the message! I understood the joke.

The thing that annnoys me the most is how the media is all like,"Did you see this Wednesday night? You probably didn't, so here's the horrible-unsympathetic-offensive clip."

AND I hate the way everyone is like," Zomg!!11 The Chaser! How could they do this!?!" Can I just remind people that have that view that it is The Chaser- it is expected, it isn't like they haven't done something offensice like this before (eg. West Coke Eagles, Bulldog weapons, Eulogy Song, APEC- just to name a few)

Australia knows what to expect and if you don't like it, then don't watch it!

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
idk if i want to continue watching it anymore, when it comes back in a few weeks...

HSC
idk if i want to continue watching it anymore, when it comes back in a few weeks...
That is your decision, no one is forcing your to watch it and if you believe by not watching it you are not condoning their actions then that is what you should do.

Personally, it's gona take a lot more for me to switch off.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
That is your decision, no one is forcing your to watch it and if you believe by not watching it you are not condoning their actions then that is what you should do.

Personally, it's gona take a lot more for me to switch off.
just tbh, its shit.
not watching it.

binary star

HSC
Haven't seen any of the new stuff. People are making a big deal out of harmless skit

K

khorne

Overall, I think the Chaser, has, as expected gone down hill a bit. I really loved the first season, as well as CNNNN (Best Chaser show). But currently, it's not just doing it for me. I suspose all good things come to an end.

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
Second season was the best.

No way, first season ruled. Not many people knew who they were and so their skits actually worked. AND it was more of their old stuff (CNNNN) than it is now.

I'm kind of glad this is the last season, they've had a good run.. But at least they're going out while on top (sorta). Hopefully they'll return back to satririca; writing or even better, political satire! Gold :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)