The Coles Thread (2 Viewers)

CieL

HSC
nanaxdd said:
hey guys is it true that if your a casual at coles you dont get as much shifts? maybe like 1 or 2 a week? and do casuals at coles get paid more on sundays? im not sure cos i thought that applied to part times only...so how much does a 17 yr old casual get paid at coles?
Like milocole said, in response to how much work you get, it depends on the store. My store is understaffed.. or rather, everyone calls in sick/unavailable.. and seniors and supervisors [me] are in high demand so I work 3-6 days a week.. ranging from 15-30hrs a week.. I'm also a casual as I don't like the routine.. plus I get paid more.. I get my hours.. and I can leave whenever I want lol

Sundays is 1.5 rate
Public holidays is 2.5 rate.

You also get more for working out-of-normal-business trading hours.. like before 6am [but you shouldnt get that as you're not a supervisor].. and you get paid nearly double if you work after 9pm on a Sunday.

But yeah, if you want to quit do it now or else Coles will be mad at you forever for wasting their money. Perhaps try to ask the other casuals who are working there for how many hours they get.. or sneak a peek at the roster or something..

Also, training rate [induction + first 3hrs] is also about $2 lower than your ordinary rate.

jirwin

HSC
Im a casual. been working for 3 months. lowest amount of hours i've had in a week was 7hrs but i normally get around 12hours average per week :)

CieL

HSC
lol my lowest was 3hrs.
That was when the new CSM came and before she was CSM she was just a checkout hag for like TWENTY YEARS.
So yeah she didnt know who I was [as I just came back from overseas holidays] and gave me bloody 3hrs.

Having said that.. now I find myself cancelling shifts she gives me because she gives me too many hours and it clashes with my uni and social life.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Question to fellow coles workers...

If I submit a Internal Store Change form, I know it gets passed onto the regional manager (shes in charge of doing this new store setup) but I spoke to someone about the Store Manager approving it first

Is this true??????(cause I hate him and he hates me, so Mabye this is revenge?)

sullengirl

HSC
Hey im 15 y/o i was just wondering how much i would get payed at coles for casual checkout work?

i am employed by woolworths but have not yet started pay there is $9.80 p/h

phyr3

HSC
N/A
what is the role of 'position as a Casual Service Assistant - Various departments at Coles' ?

CieL

HSC
sullengirl said:
Hey im 15 y/o i was just wondering how much i would get payed at coles for casual checkout work?

i am employed by woolworths but have not yet started pay there is $9.80 p/h
You'd probably get more at Woolies.. I think.. Don't know, we don't have people that young at my store..

stgid4ever

HSC
yeah i'm a 15 year old casual checkout chick as well, and i've been working at coles since may-ish. i STILL have NEVER gotten a payslip before, because the office is never freaking open when i'm working. so until now i still don't know how much i get paid.

and also, i don't know how much tax is being taken, how much superannuation they're taking away from my pay and how much is going towards SDA fees.

but according to my pay as you go tax slip thing that was mailed to me, in about 1 month, they only took $1 tax, but $20 in union fees! weird stuff.

Laliipop

HSC
dudee.... if ur confused jst ask them they'll tell yu and yu do exactly as they say...if u stuff up well its not ur fault u did as u wer told, dats my policy =]

Laliipop

HSC
stgid4ever said:
yeah i'm a 15 year old casual checkout chick as well, and i've been working at coles since may-ish. i STILL have NEVER gotten a payslip before, because the office is never freaking open when i'm working. so until now i still don't know how much i get paid.

and also, i don't know how much tax is being taken, how much superannuation they're taking away from my pay and how much is going towards SDA fees.

but according to my pay as you go tax slip thing that was mailed to me, in about 1 month, they only took $1 tax, but $20 in union fees! weird stuff.

because ur under 18 they r not obliged to pay u superannuation =] they might start but they dont hav to, same happnd to me now im 18 nd they pay regularly, nd always write down the days u workd and hours dat way u can chase nything up but with the union and stuff u gotta ask the person who does the payslips to explain it to you

CieL

HSC
stgid4ever said:

Perhaps give me an example of one week. Tell me how much you got paid, and how many hours you worked.. I might be able to give you an estimate of your hourly wage

Edit: Also, there should be someone who is able to get into the office as long as the store is open. It doesn't have to be from the office people.. When I do night shifts I either go in myself, or my duty manager hands them out.

jirwin

HSC
Our pay slips are left in a little box which is divided into the different departments 'service' 'grocery' etc. its left outside the office. we just collect them ourselves when we remember.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Anyone know this guy?
A DISGRUNTED Coles worker planned to burn down a Sydney supermarket after he was hurt during an armed robbery and his employer failed to heed his security warnings, a court has heard.

Andre Nord, 54, of Woollahra, allegedly bought chemicals over the past three months to make smoke bombs and cocktails of explosives to destroy the Coles supermarket at the Westfield Shopping Centre in Bondi Junction.

greekgun

HSC
jirwin said:
Our pay slips are left in a little box which is divided into the different departments 'service' 'grocery' etc. its left outside the office. we just collect them ourselves when we remember.
Ours are just left in a draw at the customer service area (the place where the ciggies are sold).

CieL

HSC
A DISGRUNTED Coles worker planned to burn down a Sydney supermarket after he was hurt during an armed robbery and his employer failed to heed his security warnings, a court has heard.

Andre Nord, 54, of Woollahra, allegedly bought chemicals over the past three months to make smoke bombs and cocktails of explosives to destroy the Coles supermarket at the Westfield Shopping Centre in Bondi Junction.
WOW.. 54 and still working at Coles.. I'd go crazy too

But no. I don't know the guy.
Funny if I did tho.

ASHK

germaphobe.
HSC
i worked at coles on service for 18 months now, and i recently satrted picking up shifts in the bakery.
best. idea. ever.
time goes so much quicker, you dont have to look down the bottom left corner of your screen and watch the minutes tick ever so slowly by.
its so much better! so much more to do than scan, smile, ask for fly buys.
i make donuts (H).
its great fun, however, 5am starts on a sat morning after a big night fri is not great, so say goodbye to your social life every second/third friday night.

greekgun

HSC
ASHK said:
i worked at coles on service for 18 months now, and i recently satrted picking up shifts in the bakery.
best. idea. ever.
time goes so much quicker, you dont have to look down the bottom left corner of your screen and watch the minutes tick ever so slowly by.
its so much better! so much more to do than scan, smile, ask for fly buys.
i make donuts (H).
its great fun, however, 5am starts on a sat morning after a big night fri is not great, so say goodbye to your social life every second/third friday night.
Do u need any qualifications do work in the bakery?

did u ask them if u could transfer, or was there an opening or wat?

doesnt sound too bad, i reckon i need a change because im sick to death of serving customers.

custardpie

HSC
hey guys

recently applied online with coles and got a call for an interview last week for the nightfill position at my local coles, and had the interview this morning. it was simple enough, but they told me nightfill meant 11:30pm - 7:00am! I'm not sure if I'm up for that...but yeah the lady interviewing me said I'd more or less gotten the job at the end of the interview. She said the rates were quite good due to the hours, but i didn't want to ask her what it was exactly, might give the wrong impression...but yeah just wondering if anyone knows how much the payrate is for nightfill for a 19 year old?

thanks for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)