The Cricket Thread (3 Viewers)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Re: The Official Cricket Thread

Guuysssss, how do bowlers batting at number nine build stronger partnerships than the batsmen together?

Seriously, that was England's chance!!!!!!!!

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A

batsmen at top 4 and last 2 should be best imo

michaeljennings

HSC

Guuysssss, how do bowlers batting at number nine build stronger partnerships than the batsmen together?

Seriously, that was England's chance!!!!!!!!
Australia bat really deep, coulter nile and johnson are handy allrounders and mckay has got solid defence. Faulkner would be batting 5 or 6 for most other nations bar india. They changed their line up for the SCG game but still had long batting line up. With the inexperienced bowlnig line up england has their batsman need 300-350 depending on the pitch

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

How should you bowl at the death of games anyway? I always thought that line and length deliveries, just outside the off-stump are usually the best bet. A good delivery there isn't wide enough to cut, or short enough to drive...
Yes, but they should be way outside off stump (as close as possible but not a wide) and have a field placement so that you have heaps of covers and no possible 4 can come out of the over.

A slower ball yorker somewhere in the over would be great to get that wicket needed if the batsmen keep falling for the same trick.

Also, watch Brett Lee's death overs. He has sailed the sixers home in the past two matches due to his great bowling for less than 6 runs an over and a wicket an over in his 2 death overs.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC

Heyy Guys!! Let's have a prediction for the next ODI with eng vs aus.

I'm gonna bring some optimism into England and say that they're gonna win this next match but only just. They'll probably bat second, cause the aussie skipper will wanna show off his batsmen. Broad will probably pick up his form and take a few wickets. Then England will bat, and Morgan will probably scrape off a half-century, or maybe even more. I still have hope for England!!

Who's gonna be bold and make a prediction ? ;)

timeflies

HSC
England will win... the toss. Who thinks entire tour whitewash? That'd be hilarious :p

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

I'm gonna bring some optimism into England and say that they're gonna win this next match but only just. They'll probably bat second, cause the aussie skipper will wanna show off his batsmen. Broad will probably pick up his form and take a few wickets. Then England will bat, and Morgan will probably scrape off a half-century, or maybe even more. I still have hope for England!!

it's going to be 13-0, test whitewash, ODI whitewash and T20 whitewash

England have lost all hope

michaeljennings

HSC

i'll make a prediction after the teams are named, ive heard clarke and a couple of others are being rested, but i dont think theyve named the replacements yet

crazy_paki123

HSC

England will never win with Alastair Cook as captain. Dont get me wrong I like the guy, I really do but he's just SO negative with his field placings and when to bring on the right bowlers. Granted England have been relatively unlucky (and sloppy) whilst the Aussies have been flawless to date. Tbh i can seriously see a 10-0 occuring here. The Aussies are good but arent the best going around imo. Still the saffers evenn with Kallis retired. England did expose Australia's top-middle order, Haddin just saved em every time, but with Steyn (140-150 k's), Philander and Morkel there I think the Aussies could really struggle. just being honest

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC

England will never win with Alastair Cook as captain. Dont get me wrong I like the guy, I really do but he's just SO negative with his field placings and when to bring on the right bowlers. Granted England have been relatively unlucky (and sloppy) whilst the Aussies have been flawless to date. Tbh i can seriously see a 10-0 occuring here. The Aussies are good but arent the best going around imo. Still the saffers evenn with Kallis retired. England did expose Australia's top-middle order, Haddin just saved em every time, but with Steyn (140-150 k's), Philander and Morkel there I think the Aussies could really struggle. just being honest
Mate, you've been listening too much of Slats' and Tubby's commentary. They keep comparing Cook to Clarke and it's freaking annoying. Mute it next time, and your thoughts will change.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC

i'll make a prediction after the teams are named, ive heard clarke and a couple of others are being rested, but i dont think theyve named the replacements yet
Yup that's why I don't think Australia will win. Clrke's always in for the matches he desperately needs to win. Now that Aussie's are chill, England are gonna take advantage. ;)

michaeljennings

HSC

Yup that's why I don't think Australia will win. Clrke's always in for the matches he desperately needs to win. Now that Aussie's are chill, England are gonna take advantage. ;)
Yea decent odds on england at 2.80 started off really well in sydney but then stokes came in and ruined it followed by ballance lol. If they can do the same at the WACA they should be able to post 300+ theyve got gun middle order batters in Morgan and Buttler but theyve relied on them way too much so far, they need top order runs

Mate, you've been listening too much of Slats' and Tubby's commentary. They keep comparing Cook to Clarke and it's freaking annoying. Mute it next time, and your thoughts will change.
+1, the aussie commentators are heaps biased, they pick on just about every little thing Cook is doing. They do it to other touring sides as well. His field placings arent bad, his bowlers are just letting him down. The over stokes bowled to faulker at the gabba was horrendous, whats cook supposed to do about that? Its funny how Cook cops so much criticism when this was the first test series he had lost as captain when he had already been captained for 4 or 5 series

Last edited:

crazy_paki123

HSC

no this is without commentary, it is just by observing the field placements. its too negative. This is my opinion, you are welcome to disagree but imo the 3 worst captains in the world atm are Misbah Ul-Haq, M.S. Dhoni and Captain Cook. Angelo Matthews is pretty horrid too is still young so he can learn. In the world right now the best captains are probably Smith and Clarke but Smith has a world class squad everywhere with no weaknesses so I give Clarke the points there.

crazy_paki123

HSC

lol yeah Stokes' last over to Faulkner was terrible, hell I wouldve done better. And last point about the commentary, I HATE it when James Brayshaw is always praising Aaron Finch. To me Finch has terrible technique (bowl one on off stump and hes gone) and is only good for T20. Thats also why i hate T20 and im a huge fan of test cricket. id rather see a team win by survivng 5 days of brutal test cricket where the ball is constantly moving and tests the patience of both bowler and batter compared to the t20 where anyone can bash and crash there way to victory.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC

Hughes is one nice fella.

Yeah exactly. Cook in all honesty, I believe, is an excellent captain. Yeah as Jennings said, they've pretty much won like 5 tests in a row under his captaincy. And we all know Slats is a biased freak! He uses the same commentary over and over again [pun intended]. He pretty much refers to every Australian player as "[Insert name here for Australian cricketer] is such a talented player blah blah blah" --> well nah, how else did they make it into the Aussie team..

You just criticised Cook and Dhoni for no reason braah. They're my fave captains, and it's not because of the fact that they win a lot of games or their good field placement or tactics - it's because they have true captaincy traits. Cook and Dhoni are very cool and calm (this may come across as negative but it's not), and they are not arrogant. They respect the opposition in the manner that they speak and play. Aussie skippers love doing the opposite of this -- why doesn't Slater comment on this instead?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC

lol yeah Stokes' last over to Faulkner was terrible, hell I wouldve done better. And last point about the commentary, I HATE it when James Brayshaw is always praising Aaron Finch. To me Finch has terrible technique (bowl one on off stump and hes gone) and is only good for T20. Thats also why i hate T20 and im a huge fan of test cricket. id rather see a team win by survivng 5 days of brutal test cricket where the ball is constantly moving and tests the patience of both bowler and batter compared to the t20 where anyone can bash and crash there way to victory.
I agree with you here. T20 isn't real cricket. Finch got out the same way twice. Is he like Rachel's brother or something?

michaeljennings

HSC

Yea i dont rate finch at all, the stars aligned for him last season playing for victoria and he hit a few hundreds in the ryobi cup and hes been living off that ever since. Sure he made a 100 in teh first odi but he was dropped when he was on like 20 or something and it was a sitter. He always seems to get out the same way, spoonfeeding cover or mid off. T20 is incredibly boring but i do like the BBL purely because its nice to see the aussie domestic players having a hit, i dont like the IPL cos its full of random indian players.

I dont think you can criticise Cook too much anyway, he used the same field placements that won them the first ashes of 2013 and then was beaten in the 2nd ashes because he was let down by his team. IDK how misbah goes since i dont watch pakistan play all that much but I agree with you about Dhoni being a poor captain, he honestly has no idea about anything lol. I hate watching him bat as well lol, worst technique, when he comes out to bat for the first few balls he moves his feet after hes already hit the ball.. IDK about angelo mathews either but hes heaps young so he'll learn but yea the way they lost to pakistan yesterday was embarrasing.

crazy_paki123

HSC

In 50 Over cricket Dhoni is a god with is tactics as captain and finishing ability dont get me wrong but his test captaincy is questionable. I actually have India pencilled in as one of the favourites to win the 50 Over World Cup next year along with Australia. Cook can be given an excuse cause hes relatively new to be being beatten and in fairness he did lose Gramee Swann and Anderson wasnt at his best either. After all he did captain the team that beat India in India. The real difference between the Aussies and Poms in the Ashes was really Mitchell finishing off the tail whereas England couldnt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)