• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Cricket Thread (1 Viewer)

Mozza91

HSC
re: The Official Cricket Thread

Um, ok...

"Past this match" means whether the series continues past this match. As in, if the saffas win this match, the series continues. If aus win it, then the series is wrapped up.

Made sense to me.
They play the 3rd match regardless

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

*Sigh* Fuck me.

I know that. They play 3 matches, right? BUT, news flash, it's best of 3 matches, so the winner is the team with 2 wins from 3, and the loser is 1 win from 3.

I thought all of this was fairly obvious in my post, but meh.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

OMFG and you reckon I know nothing about cricket!

Anyway, back to the match and series in general, boy I am happy to be eating humble pie atm. We have been ultra impressive this series. Not too much changes needed to the team for the big one, the Ashes, at this stage. Hussey is out of form but we can afford to carry him at this rate.

My team would be:

Hughes
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
North
Haddin
Watson
Johnson
Clark
Siddle/Tait/Hilfenhaus

We have a bit of depth around both batting and bowling which is pleasing too. McDonald bowled ok yesterday but he is useless and does not deserve to tour again. No need to pick a spinner if we don't have one up to standard. If Watson is not fit, I would just pick four bowlers over three quicks and McDonald/Symonds.

Mozza91

HSC

OMFG and you reckon I know nothing about cricket!
He said if the series continued beyond this match dipshit.
And you do know nothing you said SA would dominate Aus nice one
Also great knock from Tendulkar 163 retired hurt

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

He said if the series continued beyond this match dipshit.
And you do know nothing you said SA would dominate Aus nice one
Also great knock from Tendulkar 163 retired hurt
Seriously, are you fucking retarded?

A six year old could have interpreted what he meant. There is no need for semantics to settle a pointless argument.

Mozza91

HSC

SA are unofficially the best team in the world and will certainly be officially No. 1 by the end of this tour. I would love to share your opinion but SA are frankly too superior in too many departments at this stage. It's not like we have had a chance to regroup and rebuild either. Hughes is a good long-term selection buts its our bowling that has really let us down.

I predict 1-0 to SA. Our negative approach will jag a couple of draws, but we will never be a live chance of winning the series.</SPAN>
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's retarded

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

Anyway, back to the match and series in general, boy I am happy to be eating humble pie atm. We have been ultra impressive this series.
I have already admitted I got it wrong, and I am quite happy to admit it. Once again, you use fallacies to support your argument. Your using of semantics over the context of 'series' has nothing to do my my inaccurate prediction.

Mozza91

HSC

I have already admitted I got it wrong, and I am quite happy to admit it. Once again, you use fallacies to support your argument. Your using of semantics over the context of 'series' has nothing to do my my inaccurate prediction.
You use big words I do not understand, no point arguing anymore lets just talk cricket

trickx

HSC

NZ v Australia in the Womens WC. Australia are 6 down with ~80 to get from 20 odd overs when it started to rain. Looks like NZ will get up in this one.
LOL at women's cricket. I'd rather watch an under 12's game.

P.T.F.E

HSC

holy wackers, all out for 138. nice job aus.

i don't get why everyone wants a follow on when there is 3 days left???

u-borat

Banned
HSC

tbh, yesterday was more the weather than pitch deterioration that caused so many wickets to fall.

blue_chameleon

HSC

Yeah, but the pitch is going to become more iffy over the 5 days. I was reading a cricinfo article which put the batting "slump" yesterday down to the tide, causing the moisture in the pitch to rise

Or something.

Was a good laff.
Funny you say that because I heard a similar thing about the 'tides' being mentioned as when the tide comes in, it's good for swing bowling. Also how Ricky would miss Haydos/Symonds because being a fishermen they knew when the tides came in.

Sounds plausible though, you'd be surprised how silly conditions like that affect the game out in the middle.

blue_chameleon

HSC

Oh I've got no doubt that it's plausible, still sounds rediculous.

Good to see that Hughes is taking to Morkle again. Moves to 47* with a four on the second ball of the session.
Yeah, it does sound pretty funny. Trying to explain that to someone that doesn't follow cricket would be pretty hilarious.

Cmon Hughes, another century lad!

blue_chameleon

HSC

With 3 days left, Australia have a chance to bat themselves into form. Set up a chase of 500-600 runs with time to spare to get the Saffas out. Although that relies on them not falling in a heap like they did in the first test.
Hopefully at 1/128 they wont fall in a heap.

Especially given the way Ponting threw his wicket away in the first innings.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

Well isn't Hughes an absolute gem of a player. After his duck in his debut innings, he has got 326 in his next three, and he is still not out on 138. I would give Hughes until say lunch to reach a double ton, then declare. Hussey is out so there is no incentive to play him back into form. Lead of 600+, we aren't going to lose from there and should bowl them out with five sessions up our sleeve.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A

lol @ south Africa. i put $50 on australia to win thinking that Aus will loose anyway.

TAB had australia at $3.50 before the game.

looks like ill be pocketing $175.

xprshn

bum...
HSC
N/A

i stopped following cricket ever since they dropped michael bevan. fags

P.T.F.E

HSC

Hughes is a champ, gotta love him ay.
Australians have certainly lifted their game against the south africans and the man of the series so far would be a toss up between johnson and hughes in my opinion.

Mozza91

HSC

Hughes is going great guns, but he' and Katich are so bad to watch, lets see an elegant player in the team (not named Ponting)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)