The Cricket Thread (1 Viewer)

RishBonjour

HSC
Re: The Official Cricket Thread

David Warner's batting > maxwell's contributions (applies strictly to T20)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

how the heck did he go for $1million in the IPL but Clarke only went for $400,000
I think IPL is more about attracting viewers and sponsors than the cricket and Maxwell got a lot of publicity in the days leading up to the auction.

prazo94

HSC

yeah but maxwell's no better and he's definitely not worth a $1million

michaeljennings

HSC

yeah but maxwell's no better and he's definitely not worth a $1million
bit harsh, look at his ODD statistics, he has a strike rate of 114 at an average of 30 that would suggest he is a pretty handy t20 player, (t20 statistics are an average of 20 with a strike rate of 140 which is fairly decent)) also consider he does bowl handy offspin and only rarely gets pumped (eg by narine)

Most players who play in the IPL are not worth what they get paid for but yea Clarke isnt even that good at T20s, he has 23 international innings with a strike rate of 103 and 40 domestic innings with an average of 108. Same goes for ponting, they never really adapted to the format that well

prazo94

HSC

bit harsh, look at his ODD statistics, he has a strike rate of 114 at an average of 30 that would suggest he is a pretty handy t20 player, (t20 statistics are an average of 20 with a strike rate of 140 which is fairly decent)) also consider he does bowl handy offspin and only rarely gets pumped (eg by narine)

Most players who play in the IPL are not worth what they get paid for but yea Clarke isnt even that good at T20s, he has 23 international innings with a strike rate of 103 and 40 domestic innings with an average of 108. Same goes for ponting, they never really adapted to the format that well
Ponting's alot better I would say with a strike rate of 130+ and 28.64 in international T20's and he did alright in the recent BBL..looked pretty fit I suppose
lol 40 domestic innings with an average of 108? :p (I would love to have him in my squad anyday :p )
But jokes aside...I guess you're right Clarke hasn't really adapted too well and I guess we'll see how Maxwell performs and if he's really worth the $1million(taking overpriced to a whole new level :p )

michaeljennings

HSC

Ponting's alot better I would say with a strike rate of 130+ and 28.64 in international T20's and he did alright in the recent BBL..looked pretty fit I suppose
lol 40 domestic innings with an average of 108? :p (I would love to have him in my squad anyday :p )
But jokes aside...I guess you're right Clarke hasn't really adapted too well and I guess we'll see how Maxwell performs and if he's really worth the $1million(taking overpriced to a whole new level :p )
hahah yea strike rate*

Oh i take back what I said abotu ponting haha didnt realsie his stats were fairly decent but im pretty sure its been a while since hes played t20 internationally and that was probably in his prime. Although hes carving up for Tasmania hes not doing so well against bowlers of international quality

Yea i think maxwell should have a decent tournament, but hes not off to a good start over there with a duck in one of the practice matches

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

So... as some of you know - I'm getting into football (soccer) refereeing.

So I thought of my second favourite sport - and I figured "Hmm, to umpire or not to umpire?"

Thoughts?

RishBonjour

HSC

So... as some of you know - I'm getting into football (soccer) refereeing.

So I thought of my second favourite sport - and I figured "Hmm, to umpire or not to umpire?"

Thoughts?
only if you imitate Billy Bowden.

prazo94

HSC

can u imitate steve bucknor plz?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Is he the West Indian umpire?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I was looking at that and I'm like "wait what - these decisions don't look right"

And then I realised. :p

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Well, if I do well in my soccer refereeing course - I think I just found what to do in the summer!

That is, unless I'm allowed to play my cardiologist - then I'd do both.

Right arm off-spin bowler, represent!

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Lol what, watching the test match (on foxtel) and the video quality looks 10 years old at best. I thought the BCCI were rolling in money.

RishBonjour

HSC

Lol what, watching the test match (on foxtel) and the video quality looks 10 years old at best. I thought the BCCI were rolling in money.
I'm keeping my eye on the scores online, but hows Australia playing overall? 242/5, okay so far it seems (not great for test obvs)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

I'm keeping my eye on the scores online, but hows Australia playing overall? 242/5, okay so far it seems (not great for test obvs)
Cant say at the moment. I forgot about the match until like 30 minutes ago and only just realised it was on Foxtel - one of those channels where it's "viewers choice" so it didn't show in the guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)