The Da Vinci Code (1 Viewer)

ahohen_77

Uni Student
HSC
I found the novel really interesting. Another good book to read also written by Dan Brown is 'Angels and Demons'

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I finished reading it last night and I have to say its a very engaging crime fiction novel, the structure of the writing is a bit poor but overall the plot is 'pure genius' - as Nelson DeMille put it

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
Apparently there's going to be a sequel to the book starring Robert Langdon again...can't wait till that comes out :)

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
^^ He is in "Angels and Demons"

..another book very similar to this is "The Rule of Four", but it is said to have a better writting style.

petawb

dandy said:
yeah i didnt think it was that good, especially since there was so much hype about it. i wasn't really impressed with the characters ability to crack cryptic codes in about 2 minutes. the ending was a shame, and the fact that it was about 600 pages was about 12 hours in time in the book left it rather unrealistic in that approach. however, i thought the research was really good and interesting, but it sometimes read like a non-fiction book, or an encyclopedia.
It was brilliant! It didn't read like an encyclopedia, its just that it was very researched fiction. I found it extremely interesting. Though I must admit, the end was pretty shitty, though Im a bit of a softie and I appreciated the mushyness of it.

I nearly cried with the grandmother bit.

Ignore that. Good book. Well written. Except for the end.

End of comment.

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
i finished this book.. i loved it!! i love how there is soo many twists n turns.. god i sound like a nerd... hahah anyway who cares...

now i readin angels n demons almost finished.. its not as good as the da vinci code but yeh... robert langton is in it....

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
petawb said:
It was brilliant! It didn't read like an encyclopedia, its just that it was very researched fiction. I found it extremely interesting. Though I must admit, the end was pretty shitty, though Im a bit of a softie and I appreciated the mushyness of it.

I nearly cried with the grandmother bit.

Ignore that. Good book. Well written. Except for the end.

End of comment.
omg i did cry right at the end with the grandmother thing... howww saddd am iiiii

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
I guess you could classify it in the mystery genre - but what ever it is, it's worth reading just because of the astonishing facts it has in it.

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
u know u can buy a book now i think that says which of the facts are indeed true and which r made up? its called beyond the da vincni coode or something my dad wants to buy it

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Most of the 'facts' came from "The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail"
There are alot of 'conspiracy' books out, non-fiction and fiction.. but "The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail" was the original pot stirrer, theres a few editions now.. updated etc..

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
yeh i read that in there.... but there is a book By dan brown i think n he says which facts r true n which ones were kinda made up

222fish

yeh just got it the other day....its awesome, there are sooo mnay cliffhangers that just keeps you reading

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Agnes2810 said:
u know u can buy a book now i think that says which of the facts are indeed true and which r made up? its called beyond the da vincni coode or something my dad wants to buy it
lol, i bought that book first!! It's something like "The unauthorised guide to the Da Vinci Code" It's ok. though most of it can be gathered from the book...but there are piccys of the glass pyramid and some other locations mentioned in the book.

;) i just finished reading "angels and demons" another top book, with very nice twists at the end :D. The only thing i dont like about the books (and i like pretty much everything) is that at times it is fairly predictable. For ex. when you can predict what a character is about to do next. Although maybe this is devised to give the reader a sense of achievement by suceeding as the unraveller of the book...who knows..

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
fi_babezy said:
lol, i bought that book first!! It's something like "The unauthorised guide to the Da Vinci Code" It's ok. though most of it can be gathered from the book...but there are piccys of the glass pyramid and some other locations mentioned in the book.

;) i just finished reading "angels and demons" another top book, with very nice twists at the end :D. The only thing i dont like about the books (and i like pretty much everything) is that at times it is fairly predictable. For ex. when you can predict what a character is about to do next. Although maybe this is devised to give the reader a sense of achievement by suceeding as the unraveller of the book...who knows..
ur like me\!~~!~ except i didnt buy that book 1st.///////.. shiot sorry i got a new comp and cant get used to this keyboard hay... anyway... in angels and demons did u suspect that the carmelango guy would be da 1 dat did it?

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
lol Vampire I was thinking about when they were going to make the movie, looks like they've already wasted no time

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Vampire said:
There's the movie thats coming out too. I wonder if that will be worth watching...
Thought there'd be a movie soon..
I'll go see it

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
im in the process of reading it right now. it sure is a page turner, but fuck they solve the riddles a little too quickly eh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)