The date major work is due? (1 Viewer)

fakermaker

HSC
In usually start teaching the historians in 4th term year 11 and finish that about the end if term 1 and then move to the case study for term 2 and 3.
It's my teacher's first year teaching the subject but we've been completely separating the subject in half. We have 4 lessons a fortnight, so since term 2 year 12 we've had 1 lesson a week on the case study and one lesson on the historians (prior to this was all historian work).

I dont mind the arrangement since the historians are more awesome than the case study...But how much do you guys fit in those two terms? Do you look at Annales and post-modernism?

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
It's my teacher's first year teaching the subject but we've been completely separating the subject in half. We have 4 lessons a fortnight, so since term 2 year 12 we've had 1 lesson a week on the case study and one lesson on the historians (prior to this was all historian work).

I dont mind the arrangement since the historians are more awesome than the case study...But how much do you guys fit in those two terms? Do you look at Annales and post-modernism?
Which case study are you looking at? JFK? Must be a bit of a pain switching and swapping from one to the other, though would be more beneficial for revision. We started the Historians Term 4 (Year 11) and continued until end of Term 1 (year 12) with 1 lesson a fortnight dedicated to the project, and then these last two terms are dedicated to our case study.

In terms of 'What is History?' we have a look at majority of the schools of Historical thinking, then I have my own select that I've done extra research on due to interest. But yes, we look at the Annales, and Post-modernism, and a few others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)